(Above source: Kanopy)
Kanopy, the service you can stream with a membership to local participating libraries, has added seasons 39 and 40 of Sesame Street (2009-2009) to its Kanopy Kids catalog of children’s programming.
Kanopy secured a two-year deal for 24 episodes starring Elmo, Big Bird, Cookie Monster and other Muppets, as well as their human Sesame Street neighbors. Episodes include “Elmo and Zoe’s Hat Contest,” “Big Bird and Snuffy Talent Show” and “The Cookie Tree.”
To see if your library participates, visit Kanopy’s help center. If it doesn’t, you can submit a request for its inclusion.
Sesame Street debuted on National Educational Television in 1969 before moving to NET’s successor, the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) in 1970. First-run episodes, which moved to HBO in 2015, are now available on PBS nine months later. In 2020, new episodes (Season 51) will debut on the yet-to-launch streamer HBO Max.
All told, more than 4,500 episodes have been produced, not to mention specials and other content. Unfortunately, the entire catalog is not available from just one streaming source. You can find free episodes on PBS Kids. Episodes are also available with HBO Now and Hulu subscriptions, or they can be purchased individually for $1.99 from various providers.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021