(Above source: YouTube video)
Bringing time travel into reality (well, virtual reality at least), YouTube today transports several people back 30 years to the fall of the Berlin Wall (November 9, 1989).
The half-hour Virtually History uses VR to take three young Germans to a time when their relatives were photographed escaping, resisting, and overcoming the wall. Concurrently, three YouTube content creators — the UK’s Hannah Witton, Ireland’s Riyadh Khalaf and Germany’s Rezo – also travel back to the streets of Berlin in 1989.The event is overseen by social historian Emma Dabiri.
You can watch the show now on YouTube, or right here:
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021