(Above source: YouTube video)
Bringing time travel into reality (well, virtual reality at least), YouTube today transports several people back 30 years to the fall of the Berlin Wall (November 9, 1989).
The half-hour Virtually History uses VR to take three young Germans to a time when their relatives were photographed escaping, resisting, and overcoming the wall. Concurrently, three YouTube content creators — the UK’s Hannah Witton, Ireland’s Riyadh Khalaf and Germany’s Rezo – also travel back to the streets of Berlin in 1989.The event is overseen by social historian Emma Dabiri.
You can watch the show now on YouTube, or right here:
- ‘High Castle’ Ends Today - November 15, 2019
- Corman and Dante Debuts - November 15, 2019
- Report on ‘The Report’ - November 13, 2019
- ‘All Hail Beth’ on YouTube - November 13, 2019
- Some Cash, More Parton - November 12, 2019
- Meet Historical Heroes - November 11, 2019
- Give Me ‘My First Kiss’ - November 8, 2019
- Dragula Moves to Netflix - November 8, 2019
- Tango Down on Vidi Space - November 7, 2019
- Real-Life Time Travelers - November 6, 2019