(Above source: YouTube video)
Bringing time travel into reality (well, virtual reality at least), YouTube today transports several people back 30 years to the fall of the Berlin Wall (November 9, 1989).
The half-hour Virtually History uses VR to take three young Germans to a time when their relatives were photographed escaping, resisting, and overcoming the wall. Concurrently, three YouTube content creators — the UK’s Hannah Witton, Ireland’s Riyadh Khalaf and Germany’s Rezo – also travel back to the streets of Berlin in 1989.The event is overseen by social historian Emma Dabiri.
You can watch the show now on YouTube, or right here:
- Her Revenge Starts Friday - August 11, 2020
- Unbelievable!!!!!! Trek Spoof - August 10, 2020
- Bug Appétit! Yummy? - August 10, 2020
- Tom Skerritt’s EVRGRN - August 6, 2020
- VENN: 24/7 for Gamers - August 6, 2020
- More Retro in NYC Metro - August 5, 2020
- ‘The Holocaust & Italy’ - August 3, 2020
- Evoca’s Next Gen TV Service - August 3, 2020
- ‘Upright’: Quite Alright! - July 31, 2020
- Zooming In, Hanging On - July 30, 2020