(Above source: YouTube video)
Bringing time travel into reality (well, virtual reality at least), YouTube today transports several people back 30 years to the fall of the Berlin Wall (November 9, 1989).
The half-hour Virtually History uses VR to take three young Germans to a time when their relatives were photographed escaping, resisting, and overcoming the wall. Concurrently, three YouTube content creators — the UK’s Hannah Witton, Ireland’s Riyadh Khalaf and Germany’s Rezo – also travel back to the streets of Berlin in 1989.The event is overseen by social historian Emma Dabiri.
You can watch the show now on YouTube, or right here:
- ‘Heroes’ on Motorsport.tv - January 17, 2020
- Turn on ‘Airplane Mode’ - January 16, 2020
- Grace, Frankie, Sex Ed - January 15, 2020
- MHZ Shuts Down Worldview - January 15, 2020
- Lassie, Magoo & George - January 14, 2020
- Is Kipo a Keeper? - January 13, 2020
- Why Watch Watcher? - January 13, 2020
- Netflix Goes Phishing - January 10, 2020
- RIP Kookie - January 10, 2020
- CW Seed’s Free Brit Shows - January 9, 2020