(Above: Timothée Chalamet in ‘The King.’ Source: YouTube video)
The King, a historical drama starring Timothée Chalamet as a reluctant English royal, debuts tomorrow, November 1, on Netflix.
The King, which received a limited theatrical release October 11, presents Hal (Chalamet) as a down-to-earth prince who prefers hanging with the people over life at court. Unfortunately, when his father dies, Hal is crowned King Henry V, and the good times are over. He is forced to deal with palace politics, war, and old friends – namely, his alcoholic mentor and knight, John Falstaff (Joel Edgerton).
The cast includes Sean Harris, Tom Glynn-Carney, Lily-Rose Depp, Thomasin McKenzie, Robert Pattinson and Ben Mendelsohn.
David Michôd directed and co-wrote the script with Edgerton.
For more, visit Netflix.
- HBO Max’s Opening Slate - May 26, 2020
- Ultimate Shakespeare Binge - May 22, 2020
- ‘Homecoming’ Returns - May 22, 2020
- Guilty Pleasure Alert - May 21, 2020
- Soviet Gulag Drama - May 21, 2020
- No Place Like ‘Little House’ - May 20, 2020
- Political ‘Scandal’ on Hulu - May 20, 2020
- ‘Sleeping with Friends’ - May 19, 2020
- Psychological ‘Penance’ - May 19, 2020
- Macabre Portraiture - May 18, 2020