(Above: Timothée Chalamet in ‘The King.’ Source: YouTube video)
The King, a historical drama starring Timothée Chalamet as a reluctant English royal, debuts tomorrow, November 1, on Netflix.
The King, which received a limited theatrical release October 11, presents Hal (Chalamet) as a down-to-earth prince who prefers hanging with the people over life at court. Unfortunately, when his father dies, Hal is crowned King Henry V, and the good times are over. He is forced to deal with palace politics, war, and old friends – namely, his alcoholic mentor and knight, John Falstaff (Joel Edgerton).
The cast includes Sean Harris, Tom Glynn-Carney, Lily-Rose Depp, Thomasin McKenzie, Robert Pattinson and Ben Mendelsohn.
David Michôd directed and co-wrote the script with Edgerton.
For more, visit Netflix.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021