(Above source: Facebook video)
Stirr, Sinclair Broadcast Group’s free multi-channel streamer, said it will soon add anchor channels from the three largest TV markets — New York, Los Angeles and Chicago — as well as San Francisco.
Stirr’s current roster of 75+ local channels has taken advantage of its parent company’s status as America’s largest TV station owner/operator. Sinclair, however, doesn’t own stations in the four new Stirr cities, and Stirr didn’t say who will program the new channels.
Sinclair, whose planned merger with Tribune Media was scuttled last year, has faced criticism for injecting a right-wing slant into its local news operations,
Stirr’s local channels are an integral part of its service, since viewers must choose one in order to then access any of 70 other linear channels or on-demand content.
That roster includes 17 recent additions such as PeopleTV, Newsy, Insight TV, Glewed, Baeble Music, Edge Sport, LiveXLive. FilmRise Classic TV and FilmRise Free Movies. Stirr said it will add another 10 channels by year’s end.
You can peruse all of Stirr’s offerings for free, regardless of where you live. Here’s how:
- Find the service online at stirr.com, on Roku, or download the Stirr app for iOS, Android, Fire TV or Apple TV
- Choose any city (Stirr suggests Washington, DC, if your local city isn’t available)
- Choose from on-demand content, or use Stirr’s channel guide to tune to one of its linear channels.
- ‘High Castle’ Ends Today - November 15, 2019
- Corman and Dante Debuts - November 15, 2019
- Report on ‘The Report’ - November 13, 2019
- ‘All Hail Beth’ on YouTube - November 13, 2019
- Some Cash, More Parton - November 12, 2019
- Meet Historical Heroes - November 11, 2019
- Give Me ‘My First Kiss’ - November 8, 2019
- Dragula Moves to Netflix - November 8, 2019
- Tango Down on Vidi Space - November 7, 2019
- Real-Life Time Travelers - November 6, 2019