(Above source: Facebook video)
Stirr, Sinclair Broadcast Group’s free multi-channel streamer, said it will soon add anchor channels from the three largest TV markets — New York, Los Angeles and Chicago — as well as San Francisco.
Stirr’s current roster of 75+ local channels has taken advantage of its parent company’s status as America’s largest TV station owner/operator. Sinclair, however, doesn’t own stations in the four new Stirr cities, and Stirr didn’t say who will program the new channels.
Sinclair, whose planned merger with Tribune Media was scuttled last year, has faced criticism for injecting a right-wing slant into its local news operations,
Stirr’s local channels are an integral part of its service, since viewers must choose one in order to then access any of 70 other linear channels or on-demand content.
That roster includes 17 recent additions such as PeopleTV, Newsy, Insight TV, Glewed, Baeble Music, Edge Sport, LiveXLive. FilmRise Classic TV and FilmRise Free Movies. Stirr said it will add another 10 channels by year’s end.
You can peruse all of Stirr’s offerings for free, regardless of where you live. Here’s how:
- Find the service online at stirr.com, on Roku, or download the Stirr app for iOS, Android, Fire TV or Apple TV
- Choose any city (Stirr suggests Washington, DC, if your local city isn’t available)
- Choose from on-demand content, or use Stirr’s channel guide to tune to one of its linear channels.
- Comet, Charge! Add Classics - April 3, 2020
- Take a COVID-Free Cruise - April 3, 2020
- Corden’s Tony-Winner Free - April 2, 2020
- Ralph and Potsie Reunite - April 1, 2020
- Social Distancing Network - April 1, 2020
- Silent Comedy Watch Party - March 31, 2020
- Free Linda Hamilton Pilot - March 31, 2020
- Back to ‘Concentration’ - March 30, 2020
- Survival on MX Player - March 30, 2020
- Ficto’s 6-Month Isolation - March 27, 2020