(Above source: YouTube video)
Two weeks before Apple TV+’s first bimonthly edition of Oprah’s Book Club, YouTube beats it to the punch today with Booktube – a self-described “small monthly book club” consisting of a best-selling author, a moderator, and YouTube creators discussing that author’s latest book.
First up on the free series: Malcolm Gladwell talking about Talking to Strangers with moderator Derek Muller (Veritasium) and fellow YouTubers Nai’a Perkins (NaiaReadsAndSmiles), Danielle Bainbridge (Origin of Everything) and Ellias Hoang (Ellias).
Future Booktube episodes, premiering the third Thursday of every month at YouTube.com/Learning, will feature Margaret Atwood/The Testaments, James Patterson/the Alex Cross series, and Melinda Gates/The Moment of Lift.
A Michelle Obama discussion of Becoming, released six months ago, effectively served as pilot for the new series:
For Apple TV+’s first Oprah Book Club show, debuting Friday, November 1, Winfrey will interview Ta-Nehisi Coates (The Water Dancer) in front of a live audience at the Apple Carnegie Library in Washington, DC.
- ‘High Castle’ Ends Today - November 15, 2019
- Corman and Dante Debuts - November 15, 2019
- Report on ‘The Report’ - November 13, 2019
- ‘All Hail Beth’ on YouTube - November 13, 2019
- Some Cash, More Parton - November 12, 2019
- Meet Historical Heroes - November 11, 2019
- Give Me ‘My First Kiss’ - November 8, 2019
- Dragula Moves to Netflix - November 8, 2019
- Tango Down on Vidi Space - November 7, 2019
- Real-Life Time Travelers - November 6, 2019