(Above source: YouTube video)
Two weeks before Apple TV+’s first bimonthly edition of Oprah’s Book Club, YouTube beats it to the punch today with Booktube – a self-described “small monthly book club” consisting of a best-selling author, a moderator, and YouTube creators discussing that author’s latest book.
First up on the free series: Malcolm Gladwell talking about Talking to Strangers with moderator Derek Muller (Veritasium) and fellow YouTubers Nai’a Perkins (NaiaReadsAndSmiles), Danielle Bainbridge (Origin of Everything) and Ellias Hoang (Ellias).
Future Booktube episodes, premiering the third Thursday of every month at YouTube.com/Learning, will feature Margaret Atwood/The Testaments, James Patterson/the Alex Cross series, and Melinda Gates/The Moment of Lift.
A Michelle Obama discussion of Becoming, released six months ago, effectively served as pilot for the new series:
For Apple TV+’s first Oprah Book Club show, debuting Friday, November 1, Winfrey will interview Ta-Nehisi Coates (The Water Dancer) in front of a live audience at the Apple Carnegie Library in Washington, DC.
- ‘Fairy Tale Weddings’ - February 14, 2020
- GetTV’s Grizzly Saturday - February 13, 2020
- Galaxy S20’s Flipboard TV - February 13, 2020
- Hulu’s Musical Debuts - February 12, 2020
- Watch V-Day Marathons - February 11, 2020
- RIP Bean, Conrad - February 10, 2020
- Alison Brie: ‘Horse Girl’ - February 7, 2020
- Kirk’s Greatest Hits: TV - February 7, 2020
- Kirk’s Greatest Hits - February 6, 2020
- 43 Hours of ‘Love’ - February 6, 2020