(Above source: YouTube video)
Unnatural Selection, a four-episode docuseries exploring gene-editing – and the moral, social and environmental questions it raises – will debut this Friday, October 18, on Netflix.
The prospect of artificial selection for humans moved a step closer to reality in November 2018 with news of two gene-edited babies. The announcement intensified an ongoing debate in the scientific community about gene editing. Is it wrong to tinker with people’s DNA to produce enhanced abilities? Or to eliminate disease? And what are the unintended consequences of playing God?
Unnatural Selection profiles a range of individuals now pursuing the science. They include professionals with advanced genetics degrees to DIY biohackers who think the way to a brave new world can be found via YouTube videos and self-experimentation.
For more, visit Netflix.
- ‘AfroPop’ Season 12 - January 20, 2020
- Ovid Films En Español - January 17, 2020
- Inner City Rugby Drama - January 16, 2020
- Acorn TV Gets ‘Dead Lucky’ - January 16, 2020
- ‘Dead Lands’ Thriller - January 15, 2020
- ‘Little America,’ Big Debut - January 14, 2020
- The History of Gaming - January 14, 2020
- Prime Laughs January 17 - January 13, 2020
- Soon on PBS Masterpiece - January 10, 2020
- Disney+’s ‘Future President’ - January 9, 2020