(Above source: YouTube video)
Unnatural Selection, a four-episode docuseries exploring gene-editing – and the moral, social and environmental questions it raises – will debut this Friday, October 18, on Netflix.
The prospect of artificial selection for humans moved a step closer to reality in November 2018 with news of two gene-edited babies. The announcement intensified an ongoing debate in the scientific community about gene editing. Is it wrong to tinker with people’s DNA to produce enhanced abilities? Or to eliminate disease? And what are the unintended consequences of playing God?
Unnatural Selection profiles a range of individuals now pursuing the science. They include professionals with advanced genetics degrees to DIY biohackers who think the way to a brave new world can be found via YouTube videos and self-experimentation.
For more, visit Netflix.
- ‘Lake of Death’ on Shudder - July 14, 2020
- Gershwin Opera on PBS - July 14, 2020
- ‘Nest’ on Acorn TV - July 13, 2020
- Send the Kids to ‘Camp TV’ - July 10, 2020
- Grown-up Animation - July 9, 2020
- NY Times Documentary Series - July 9, 2020
- Public Domain Horror - July 7, 2020
- A Streamer with Giddy-Up - July 6, 2020
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2020
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 2, 2020