(Above source: YouTube video)
Unnatural Selection, a four-episode docuseries exploring gene-editing – and the moral, social and environmental questions it raises – will debut this Friday, October 18, on Netflix.
The prospect of artificial selection for humans moved a step closer to reality in November 2018 with news of two gene-edited babies. The announcement intensified an ongoing debate in the scientific community about gene editing. Is it wrong to tinker with people’s DNA to produce enhanced abilities? Or to eliminate disease? And what are the unintended consequences of playing God?
Unnatural Selection profiles a range of individuals now pursuing the science. They include professionals with advanced genetics degrees to DIY biohackers who think the way to a brave new world can be found via YouTube videos and self-experimentation.
For more, visit Netflix.
- Decades’ ‘Batman’ Binge - November 15, 2019
- More People Use TV Antennas - November 15, 2019
- More ‘Cold as Balls’ - November 13, 2019
- Garlin Stand-Up in Chicago - November 12, 2019
- ‘Nunsense’ TV Specials - November 12, 2019
- UpliftTV Shows Parables - November 11, 2019
- Decades’ ‘Super’ Binge - November 8, 2019
- Netflix: ‘Let It Snow’ - November 7, 2019
- Sesame Street on Kanopy - November 6, 2019
- More Bingeing, Less Sleep - November 5, 2019