(Above source: YouTube video)
Unnatural Selection, a four-episode docuseries exploring gene-editing – and the moral, social and environmental questions it raises – will debut this Friday, October 18, on Netflix.
The prospect of artificial selection for humans moved a step closer to reality in November 2018 with news of two gene-edited babies. The announcement intensified an ongoing debate in the scientific community about gene editing. Is it wrong to tinker with people’s DNA to produce enhanced abilities? Or to eliminate disease? And what are the unintended consequences of playing God?
Unnatural Selection profiles a range of individuals now pursuing the science. They include professionals with advanced genetics degrees to DIY biohackers who think the way to a brave new world can be found via YouTube videos and self-experimentation.
For more, visit Netflix.
- Free HBO Shows, Movies - April 3, 2020
- Final ‘Future Man’ - April 2, 2020
- Free ‘Liar’ on Sundance Now - April 2, 2020
- Classic Comedy Marathons - April 1, 2020
- Netflix’s April 1 Debuts - March 31, 2020
- Holy Week Online - March 30, 2020
- Sample Acorn TV Free - March 30, 2020
- Pro Bono Court TV - March 27, 2020
- Factory’s Quarantine Comedy - March 27, 2020
- Matthews’ Home Concert - March 26, 2020