(Above source: Vioobu video)
It’s been nearly two-and-a-half years since we discovered Vioobu, a free streamer featuring the comedy of Craig Healy. Back then, in a story titled “This is Cuplicated,” we reported on Cuplicated, a raunchy half-hour comedic drama about “a former clip show host” dealing with divorce, fatherhood and career issues.
Now, via an equally tongue-in-cheek press release, again posted only on BroadwayWorld.com, we bring you Craig Fixada America, a half-hour political satire whose first episode dropped today on Vioobu.
You can also watch it right here:
Will there be more episodes? Your guess is as good as ours. There still appears to be just one episode of Cuplicated on the site, although the new press release says the show is in its fourth season, Vioobu also offers the “entire archive” of an earlier web series Clip Cup, in which Healy didn’t play a clip show host but actually was one, plus other comedy one-offs like Dudes, Ham Hat and Pooljumpers.
Besides all the Healy content, you can find public domain episodes from several classic TV series on Vioobu. These include Armchair Detective, Arthur Godfrey’s Talent Scouts, The John Hopkins Science Review, The Lucy Show, Petticoat Junction and The Beverly Hillbillies. There’s also one movie: Li’l Abner (1940), with a cast including Buster Keaton and a title song written by Milton Berle. Since it’s public domain, we can also show it to you right here, via The Film Detective’s YouTube page:
For more, visit Vioobu.com.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021