(Above source: AMC Theatres)
As streamer Netflix continues to encroach on movie theater turf to attract subscribers, AMC Theatres looks to lure audiences back to the multiplex with the launch of an on-demand streaming service featuring about 2,000 films for home rental or purchase.
How does that work? In order to access AMC Theatres on Demand, you must join the AMC Stubs rewards program. That program allows home viewers to accrue points by renting or buying films from the streamer. Those points can then be used for in-theater rewards that include discounted tickets and concessions, as well as other perks.
The AMC Theatres On-Demand library includes such recent theatrical releases as Spider-Man: Far From Home and Avengers: End Game, which cost $5.99 to rent and $19.99 to buy. Classic titles including ET and Ghostbusters are available to rent in the $3.99 and under category. Movies such as Shaft are available to buy for as little as $9.99.
There are three AMC Stubs membership levels with commensurate benefits: Insider, which is free to join and allows you to access the streamer; Premiere, which costs $15 a year; and A+ List, $23.99 a month plus tax. For each plan’s benefits, visit amctheatres.com/amcstubs.
AMC says it has agreements with every major Hollywood studio to make films available on demand as soon as they have left theaters and are available digitally. The service will also add AMC Networks‘ IFC Films and RLJE Films, and “promote AMC Networks’ targeted streaming services” including Acorn TV, Shudder, Sundance Now and UMC. AMC Theatres and AMC Networks are completely separate entities, by the way.
For more, visit amctheatres.com/ondemand.
- ‘AfroPop’ Season 12 - January 20, 2020
- Ovid Films En Español - January 17, 2020
- Inner City Rugby Drama - January 16, 2020
- Acorn TV Gets ‘Dead Lucky’ - January 16, 2020
- ‘Dead Lands’ Thriller - January 15, 2020
- ‘Little America,’ Big Debut - January 14, 2020
- The History of Gaming - January 14, 2020
- Prime Laughs January 17 - January 13, 2020
- Soon on PBS Masterpiece - January 10, 2020
- Disney+’s ‘Future President’ - January 9, 2020