Robert Forster, who passed away Friday at 78, primarily played supporting roles during his five-decade career — including an Oscar-nominated turn as bail bondsman Max Cherry in Quentin Tarantino’s 1997 flick, Jackie Brown.
Here’s a scene, with Pam Grier in the title role:
But earlier in his career, Forster was a leading man — including a breakout performance as a TV reporter in Haskell Wexler’s Medium Cool (1969).
Here’s the opening of a Banyon episode and a complete episode of Nakia:
Forster died the same day that his last film debuted on Netflix. In El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie, he returns as vacuum salesman Ed (“The Disappearer”), a role he first played in the next-to-last episode of Breaking Bad in 2013. (Quasi spoiler: One of his scenes includes a cameo by an actress best known for The Jeffersons.)
Want to stream the above movies and TV series?
Medium Cool, Banyon and Nakia aren’t available to stream, except for the one episode of the latter above.
What’s your favorite Robert Forster role? Let us know in the comments section below.
- ‘High Castle’ Ends Today - November 15, 2019
- Corman and Dante Debuts - November 15, 2019
- Report on ‘The Report’ - November 13, 2019
- ‘All Hail Beth’ on YouTube - November 13, 2019
- Some Cash, More Parton - November 12, 2019
- Meet Historical Heroes - November 11, 2019
- Give Me ‘My First Kiss’ - November 8, 2019
- Dragula Moves to Netflix - November 8, 2019
- Tango Down on Vidi Space - November 7, 2019
- Real-Life Time Travelers - November 6, 2019