(Above: “White Words.’ Source: Filminute)
Got a minute? Or 25 of them? Then visit filminute.com through October 31 to view the 25 entries – from 18 countries — for the world’s best “ultrashort” film.
You can then cast your vote for the “People’s Choice” award, while a Filminute jury of experts will choose the actual winner. Both will be announced November 7, along with five “commendations.”
Here’s Filminute’s trailer. Like the nominated films, it’s a minute long.
The UK leads this year’s list with four entries, followed by France with three, and three countries (Argentina, Iran, Sweden) with two each.
The films are offered in alphabetical order, from Baby (Diana Dumitrescu, UK) to White Words (Mohammed Abdeen, Iraq/Syria). Here are those two films:
To view the 23 other films, or for more info, visit filminute.com.
You can also stream past winners at that site. Here’s last year’s top film, Edge of Seventeen (Nuri Jeong, South Korea):
- Silent Comedy Watch Party - March 31, 2020
- Free Linda Hamilton Pilot - March 31, 2020
- Back to ‘Concentration’ - March 30, 2020
- Survival on MX Player - March 30, 2020
- Ficto’s 6-Month Isolation - March 27, 2020
- Music Never Sleeps NYC - March 27, 2020
- Fox’s Living Room Benefit - March 26, 2020
- ‘Curtain Up!’ for Seniors - March 26, 2020
- Free Rivit-ing Pilots - March 25, 2020
- Classics to the Rescue - March 24, 2020