Kino Now is a rental/purchase service with over 600 titles including new releases, classics, and international films.
Rental prices range from $1.99 for some mostly obscure titles to $4.99 for such currently featured films as Pasolini (2014) starring Willem Dafoe, Mexico’s The Chambermaid (2019) and Jean Luc-Godard’s sci-fi classic Alphaville (1965).
Although Kino Now promises “exclusive early access to new theatrical releases, festival hits and exclusive titles not available on other streaming platforms,” the titles above continue to be available elsewhere. For example, Pasolini can be rented for the same price on Amazon or iTunes, while you can stream Alphaville for just $2.99 from Microsoft or see it free if your library participates in Kanopy.
Kino Now also offers collections under themes like “Episodic Cinema.” This collection includes international TV series like CoinCoin and the Extra-Humans, a sequel to the delightful French series Li’l Quinquin. The four-episode series is available for purchase only, at $11.99.
Other collections include “Documentary Series & Extended Play” (including Joseph Campbell and the The Power of Myth with Bill Moyers, six episodes for a $14.99 purchase), “Auteur Collections”(built around world-renowned filmmakers like Lina Wertmüller, with seven movies renting at $4.99 each) and “Pioneers of Cinema” (restorations of the early works of African American and women filmmakers).
- Hulu’s Noirish ‘Reprisal’ - December 4, 2019
- Bluprint ‘Runway’ Tie-In - December 4, 2019
- Tech Classics on YouTube - December 3, 2019
- A Kiwi Crime Thriller - December 3, 2019
- ‘One Day at Disney’ - December 2, 2019
- Binge Bing, Black Friday - November 29, 2019
- ‘Alice’s Restaurant’ - November 27, 2019
- Stream ‘Turkeys Away’ - November 26, 2019
- ‘The New Nurses’ on MHz - November 25, 2019
- Dove’s Holiday Classics - November 22, 2019