(Above: Mo Gilligan. Source: Netflix)
Today and tomorrow Netflix debuts two comedy specials – one from across the pond (Mo Gilligan: Momentum) and the other of domestic vintage (Nikki Glaser: Bangin’).
Available now, British comedian Mo Gilligan’s first stand-up special explores what it was like growing up in London. Mo reflects “on humble beginnings, family dynamics and the complex art of dancing in the club.”
If you’re unfamiliar with Gilligan, here he is at London’s Hammersmith Apollo (not to be confused with the Apollo theater in Harlem), talking about his mum:
On Tuesday, October 1, Netflix unveils Bangin, a comedy special from another rising stand-up – Nikki Glaser.
Glaser, whose SiriuxXM show YouUp with Nikki Glaser can also be heard as a podcast, talks unflinchingly about sex, sobriety and getting over her own insecurities. You can sample the special below (this clip is NSFW):
Or you can watch Glaser performing a more office-friendly version of her act on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon:
For more information, visit Netflix.
- Full ‘Treatment’ on HBO Max - June 14, 2021
- Washington Heights Musical - June 11, 2021
- ‘Infinite’ Wahlberg on Paramount+ - June 9, 2021
- Romero’s Lost ‘Amusement Park’ - June 7, 2021
- HBO Max’s New ‘Conjuring’ Tale - June 4, 2021
- Peacock’s ‘Lady Parts’ Comedy - June 2, 2021
- WNBA Tips Off on Amazon - May 28, 2021
- Reanimated ‘Rugrats’ - May 26, 2021
- Back ‘In Treatment’ - May 21, 2021
- Crackle Show Helps Debtors - May 19, 2021