(Above: Ben Platt in ‘The Politician.’ Source: YouTube video)
Oscar winners Gwyneth Paltrow and Jessica Lange are regulars in Netflix’s new comedy, The Politician, starring Ben Platt as a young man who believes his inevitable path to the US presidency starts in cut-throat high school politics.The eight-episode series debuts tomorrow, September 27.
Payton Hobart (Platt) lives the privileged life in Santa Barbara, CA, and he has known since age seven that he’s destined to be President of the United States. First stop on his meteoric career trajectory: Getting elected Student Body President at Saint Sebastian High School. This involves outmaneuvering “ruthless classmates without sacrificing his own morality and carefully crafted image.”
The cast also includes Zoey Deutch and Bob Balaban.
For more, visit Netflix.
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021