(Above: Ben Platt in ‘The Politician.’ Source: YouTube video)
Oscar winners Gwyneth Paltrow and Jessica Lange are regulars in Netflix’s new comedy, The Politician, starring Ben Platt as a young man who believes his inevitable path to the US presidency starts in cut-throat high school politics.The eight-episode series debuts tomorrow, September 27.
Payton Hobart (Platt) lives the privileged life in Santa Barbara, CA, and he has known since age seven that he’s destined to be President of the United States. First stop on his meteoric career trajectory: Getting elected Student Body President at Saint Sebastian High School. This involves outmaneuvering “ruthless classmates without sacrificing his own morality and carefully crafted image.”
The cast also includes Zoey Deutch and Bob Balaban.
For more, visit Netflix.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021