(Photo: Caroline Catz, Martin Clunes and Elliott Blake of ‘Doc Martin,’ courtesy Acorn TV)
Lots of TV shows are returning with new seasons this week — including the quirky British favorite Doc Martin after two years!
Episode one of season nine will arrive on subscription streaming service Acorn TV tomorrow, September 26, a day after debuting on ITV in the UK. The remainder of the eight-episode season will premiere on subsequent Thursdays through November 14.
Martin Clunes stars in Doc Martin as a tactless, self-centered, and uptight doctor in a Cornwall seaside town. He also has a blood phobia, which pops up again in the season premiere. The doctor’s career hangs in the balance as a representative from the General Medical Council shadows his every move. By episode two, he’s forced to undergo phlebotomy training. Meanwhile, his wife (Caroline Catz) is increasingly concerned that their toddler son (Elliott Blake) may be taking after dad.
The entire first eight seasons (62 episodes) of Doc Martin are also available now on Acorn TV. Non-Acorn subscribers should eventually be able to watch season nine on public TV, where season eight is now running.
Acorn TV costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 for a year, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit acorn.tv.
- ‘Heroes’ on Motorsport.tv - January 17, 2020
- Turn on ‘Airplane Mode’ - January 16, 2020
- Grace, Frankie, Sex Ed - January 15, 2020
- MHZ Shuts Down Worldview - January 15, 2020
- Lassie, Magoo & George - January 14, 2020
- Is Kipo a Keeper? - January 13, 2020
- Why Watch Watcher? - January 13, 2020
- Netflix Goes Phishing - January 10, 2020
- RIP Kookie - January 10, 2020
- CW Seed’s Free Brit Shows - January 9, 2020