(Photo: Caroline Catz, Martin Clunes and Elliott Blake of ‘Doc Martin,’ courtesy Acorn TV)
Lots of TV shows are returning with new seasons this week — including the quirky British favorite Doc Martin after two years!
Episode one of season nine will arrive on subscription streaming service Acorn TV tomorrow, September 26, a day after debuting on ITV in the UK. The remainder of the eight-episode season will premiere on subsequent Thursdays through November 14.
Martin Clunes stars in Doc Martin as a tactless, self-centered, and uptight doctor in a Cornwall seaside town. He also has a blood phobia, which pops up again in the season premiere. The doctor’s career hangs in the balance as a representative from the General Medical Council shadows his every move. By episode two, he’s forced to undergo phlebotomy training. Meanwhile, his wife (Caroline Catz) is increasingly concerned that their toddler son (Elliott Blake) may be taking after dad.
The entire first eight seasons (62 episodes) of Doc Martin are also available now on Acorn TV. Non-Acorn subscribers should eventually be able to watch season nine on public TV, where season eight is now running.
Acorn TV costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 for a year, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit acorn.tv.
- Her Revenge Starts Friday - August 11, 2020
- Unbelievable!!!!!! Trek Spoof - August 10, 2020
- Bug Appétit! Yummy? - August 10, 2020
- Tom Skerritt’s EVRGRN - August 6, 2020
- VENN: 24/7 for Gamers - August 6, 2020
- More Retro in NYC Metro - August 5, 2020
- ‘The Holocaust & Italy’ - August 3, 2020
- Evoca’s Next Gen TV Service - August 3, 2020
- ‘Upright’: Quite Alright! - July 31, 2020
- Zooming In, Hanging On - July 30, 2020