Ten years after launching NBC Nonstop over the digital subchannels of NBC-owned TV stations – and seven years after replacing those all-news/lifestyle channels with Cozi TV — NBC is trying again with a new approach.
LX (Local X), which launched yesterday on YouTube and will go 24 hours over the air and streaming in April, offers “stories” geared to Gen Z and millennial audiences (aka adults 18-45).
NBC calls LX a “news brand that is solely dedicated to serving younger audiences and reinventing their news experience.”
LX named five “visual storytellers” based in Boston, Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami and New York. Their first stories include: “Fighting Rising Temperature with Urban Farming”; ”From Senegal to SoCal,” about a surfing program for black women; and “The Anti-Restaurant,” about a young female Asian chef who launched a successful restaurant without experience or training.
If the LX name sounds familiar, it could be because NBC’s LXTV has spent over a decade producing lifestyle shows for the network’s owned stations, including a bunch for NBC Nonstop and Cozi (e.g., Talk Stoop, 1st Look, George to the Rescue). For a while, LX even had its name in the title of a daily live show on New York’s WNBC.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021