Oprah’s Book Club, a longtime fixture on The Oprah Winfrey Show, will return November 1 as a bimonthly show on the new Apple TV+ subscription service.
You can read Winfrey’s latest book club selection, The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates, starting tomorrow, September 24. This debut novel, about a former slave with a magical gift and his ongoing fight for freedom, is available from Amazon and other outlets from $14.99. But Apple would like you to know that if you buy The Water Dancer from Apple Books (in ebook or Audiobook format), Apple will make an unspecified contribution to the American Library Association.
Here’s Winfrey talking about the book and more on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. She prefers reading books in hardcover…but also on her iPad, of course. And guess what everybody in the audience will receive.
For her debut Apple+ show, Winfrey will interview Coates in front of a live audience at the Apple Carnegie Library in Washington, DC. Length of the show was not disclosed.
- Happy 85th, The Dalai Lama! - July 6, 2020
- Molière’s ‘Tartuffe’ - July 6, 2020
- Celebrating Carl Reiner - July 3, 2020
- Bluprint Gets New Life - July 2, 2020
- Free ‘Sounds of Summer’ - July 1, 2020
- A Zoom Chat About ‘Zoom’ - July 1, 2020
- Suzi Quatro, Hello Sister! - June 30, 2020
- ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ - June 29, 2020
- Daytime Emmys Break Mold - June 26, 2020
- Stream Spike Lee Tonight - June 25, 2020