Oprah’s Book Club, a longtime fixture on The Oprah Winfrey Show, will return November 1 as a bimonthly show on the new Apple TV+ subscription service.
You can read Winfrey’s latest book club selection, The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates, starting tomorrow, September 24. This debut novel, about a former slave with a magical gift and his ongoing fight for freedom, is available from Amazon and other outlets from $14.99. But Apple would like you to know that if you buy The Water Dancer from Apple Books (in ebook or Audiobook format), Apple will make an unspecified contribution to the American Library Association.
Here’s Winfrey talking about the book and more on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. She prefers reading books in hardcover…but also on her iPad, of course. And guess what everybody in the audience will receive.
For her debut Apple+ show, Winfrey will interview Coates in front of a live audience at the Apple Carnegie Library in Washington, DC. Length of the show was not disclosed.
- ‘Craig Fixada America’ - October 15, 2019
- Fill up on ‘Corner Gas’ - October 14, 2019
- Robert Forster Sampler - October 14, 2019
- HBO’s Gary Gulman Free - October 11, 2019
- 25 Films in 25 Minutes - October 11, 2019
- Marshall Efron Classics - October 10, 2019
- RIP Rip Taylor - October 9, 2019
- A Goldbergs Yom Kippur - October 8, 2019
- Diahann Carroll Streams - October 7, 2019
- Old Meets New on ABC - October 4, 2019