To borrow a phrase from Law & Order, the six episodes of Taken Down seem “ripped from the headlines” as the series delves into the world of asylum-seekers, refugee centers and human trafficking.
The location? Dublin, Ireland. Where and when? Acorn TV, starting today, September 16.
Lynn Rafferty, part of Love/Hate’s ensemble cast, stars in Taken Down as a police inspector investigating the murder of a teenage Nigerian girl found dead at a bus stop and the sudden disappearance of another Nigerian girl. Both had lived in a center that houses and processes asylum seekers.
Brian Gleeson, who also starred in Love/Hate, plays the asylum center’s manager who tries to thwart the police investigation – which leads to a downtown brothel operated by a cunning gang.
Like Love/Hate (2010-2014), Taken Down (2018) originally ran on Ireland’s RTE network.
Acorn TV costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 for a year, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit acorn.tv.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021