To borrow a phrase from Law & Order, the six episodes of Taken Down seem “ripped from the headlines” as the series delves into the world of asylum-seekers, refugee centers and human trafficking.
The location? Dublin, Ireland. Where and when? Acorn TV, starting today, September 16.
Lynn Rafferty, part of Love/Hate’s ensemble cast, stars in Taken Down as a police inspector investigating the murder of a teenage Nigerian girl found dead at a bus stop and the sudden disappearance of another Nigerian girl. Both had lived in a center that houses and processes asylum seekers.
Brian Gleeson, who also starred in Love/Hate, plays the asylum center’s manager who tries to thwart the police investigation – which leads to a downtown brothel operated by a cunning gang.
Like Love/Hate (2010-2014), Taken Down (2018) originally ran on Ireland’s RTE network.
Acorn TV costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 for a year, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit acorn.tv.
- Hulu’s Noirish ‘Reprisal’ - December 4, 2019
- Bluprint ‘Runway’ Tie-In - December 4, 2019
- Tech Classics on YouTube - December 3, 2019
- A Kiwi Crime Thriller - December 3, 2019
- ‘One Day at Disney’ - December 2, 2019
- Binge Bing, Black Friday - November 29, 2019
- ‘Alice’s Restaurant’ - November 27, 2019
- Stream ‘Turkeys Away’ - November 26, 2019
- ‘The New Nurses’ on MHz - November 25, 2019
- Dove’s Holiday Classics - November 22, 2019