Subscription streamer MHz Choice today debuts Inspector Dupin, a crime drama whose title character is a Parisian homicide detective with seafood allergies and a fear of the ocean.
It should come as no surprise that Dupin gets transferred to…yes…the French coast. Specifically, he’s sent to France’s beautiful Brittany region.
But this French-set, fish-out-of-water series offers at least one big surprise: Inspector Dupin is from Germany, not France. Its six feature-length episodes, starring Pasquale Aleardi, have run first on Germany’s ARD network from 2014 through this year. Like all its shows, MHz Choice will show the German-language series with English subtitles.
Inspector Dupin is based on a French-language book series by Jean-Luc Bannalec, a pseudonym of German writer Jörg Bong.
MHz Choice drops two episodes of Inspector Dupin today, and then one per week on subsequent Tuesdays through October 8.
The service costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. But you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code SUMMER19. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Marking Memorial Day - May 22, 2020
- It’s Red Nose Day on NBC - May 21, 2020
- A Free Romcom Musical - May 21, 2020
- New Morgan Fairchild Soap - May 20, 2020
- Hola Canela.TV - May 20, 2020
- Smash’s Bombshell, Reunion - May 19, 2020
- Magnolias, Sweet and Steel - May 19, 2020
- Tom Hanks…in Spanx? - May 18, 2020
- Upcoming Benefit Streams - May 18, 2020
- ‘Orphan Black’ Reunion - May 15, 2020