Subscription streamer MHz Choice today debuts Inspector Dupin, a crime drama whose title character is a Parisian homicide detective with seafood allergies and a fear of the ocean.
It should come as no surprise that Dupin gets transferred to…yes…the French coast. Specifically, he’s sent to France’s beautiful Brittany region.
But this French-set, fish-out-of-water series offers at least one big surprise: Inspector Dupin is from Germany, not France. Its six feature-length episodes, starring Pasquale Aleardi, have run first on Germany’s ARD network from 2014 through this year. Like all its shows, MHz Choice will show the German-language series with English subtitles.
Inspector Dupin is based on a French-language book series by Jean-Luc Bannalec, a pseudonym of German writer Jörg Bong.
MHz Choice drops two episodes of Inspector Dupin today, and then one per week on subsequent Tuesdays through October 8.
The service costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. But you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code SUMMER19. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Interactive ‘Epic Night’ - November 21, 2019
- JellyTelly Begats Minno - November 21, 2019
- ‘Yogi, Guru, Predator’ - November 20, 2019
- ‘Love Dot Com,’ a Romcom - November 20, 2019
- ‘Ghost BFF’ Dark Comedy - November 19, 2019
- Free Sports Expansion - November 19, 2019
- ‘Cheat’ This Thursday - November 18, 2019
- ‘High Castle’ Ends Today - November 15, 2019
- Corman and Dante Debuts - November 15, 2019
- Report on ‘The Report’ - November 13, 2019