Subscription streamer MHz Choice today debuts Inspector Dupin, a crime drama whose title character is a Parisian homicide detective with seafood allergies and a fear of the ocean.
It should come as no surprise that Dupin gets transferred to…yes…the French coast. Specifically, he’s sent to France’s beautiful Brittany region.
But this French-set, fish-out-of-water series offers at least one big surprise: Inspector Dupin is from Germany, not France. Its six feature-length episodes, starring Pasquale Aleardi, have run first on Germany’s ARD network from 2014 through this year. Like all its shows, MHz Choice will show the German-language series with English subtitles.
Inspector Dupin is based on a French-language book series by Jean-Luc Bannalec, a pseudonym of German writer Jörg Bong.
MHz Choice drops two episodes of Inspector Dupin today, and then one per week on subsequent Tuesdays through October 8.
The service costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. But you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code SUMMER19. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- ‘Carl Weber’s Influence’ - February 20, 2020
- Redbox Free Live TV - February 19, 2020
- ‘Sacred Lies,’ Season 2 - February 18, 2020
- ‘Odd Squad,’ Season 3 - February 17, 2020
- ‘Fairy Tale Weddings’ - February 14, 2020
- GetTV’s Grizzly Saturday - February 13, 2020
- Galaxy S20’s Flipboard TV - February 13, 2020
- Hulu’s Musical Debuts - February 12, 2020
- Watch V-Day Marathons - February 11, 2020
- RIP Bean, Conrad - February 10, 2020