(Above: Sacha Baron Cohen in ‘The Spy.’ Source: Twitter)
Netflix will unveil one series – The Spy – and debut the second season of another – Elite – this Friday, September 6.
The Spy stars Borat’s Sacha Baron Cohen as real-life 1960s Israeli spy Eli Cohen, a clerk-turned-secret agent who goes on a dangerous years-long mission for Mossad inside Syria.
The cast includes The Americans’ Noah Emmerich.
The six-episode limited series was created and directed by Gideon Raff.
Elite, about three working-class teens enrolled in an exclusive private school in Spain, is back for a second, eight-episode season.
The three students – played by Itzan Escamilla, Mina El Hammani and Miguel Herrán —are given scholarships to attend an exclusive private school by the construction company found responsible for the collapse of their previous public school. Ostracized at first, the students become entangled in a number of relationships that ultimately lead to murder.
Elite, created and written by Carlos Montero and Darío Madrona, was directed by Ramón Salazar and Dani de la Orden.
The show is in Spanish with English subtitles.
- BET+ Streamer Launches - September 20, 2019
- More ‘Disenchantment’ - September 19, 2019
- ‘Couch Tomatoes’ - September 19, 2019
- NBC’s Peacock Preview - September 18, 2019
- Spy’s Work-Life Balance - September 17, 2019
- Dropout’s ‘Game Changer’ - September 17, 2019
- ‘Two Ferns’ Movie - September 16, 2019
- Burns’ ‘Country Music’ - September 13, 2019
- This Weekend on Netflix - September 12, 2019
- Coming to Apple TV+ - September 11, 2019