(Above source: IMDb)
Stuck, a pop musical about six strangers who stop being polite and start getting really tuneful, is now available to watch on Hoopla, the free streaming service available via participating public libraries.
A stuck New York City subway train becomes an emotional cauldron for six straphangers representing a range of demographic backgrounds. As tensions rise, the riders reveal themselves through elements of pop, rap, rock, classical and Motown.
The passengers include a homeless man Lloyd (Breaking Bad’s Giancarlo Esposito), who is either an artistic sage or insane – or perhaps both; Eve (the singer Ashanti), a career-orientated African-American woman with personal troubles; Ramon (Pokémon Detective Pikachu’s Omar Chaparro), a Hispanic man working multiple jobs to support his family; and Alicia (Chicago Med’s Arden Cho), an Asian dancer with a secret.
Other riders include Caleb (Be More Chill’s Gerard Canonico), a comic book artist who has been loitering around the studio where Alicia dances, and Sue (Field of Dream’s Amy Madigan), a college music professor haunted by a loss.
Stuck is based on Riley Thomas’ stage musical of the same name. It’s directed by Michael Berry and adapted for the screen by Berry and Riley Thomas.
- HBO Max’s Victorian X-Women - April 9, 2021
- Netflix’s Crime Spree - April 7, 2021
- PBS’ Complicated ‘Hemingway’ - April 5, 2021
- The President and the Princess - April 2, 2021
- ‘Made for Love’ on HBO Max - March 31, 2021
- Swedish Superspy - March 29, 2021
- Sherlock with a Twist - March 26, 2021
- NYC Seder Gets Political - March 24, 2021
- Israeli Transplants in Paris - March 22, 2021
- HBO Max: Who is QAnon? - March 19, 2021