(Above source: IMDb)
Stuck, a pop musical about six strangers who stop being polite and start getting really tuneful, is now available to watch on Hoopla, the free streaming service available via participating public libraries.
A stuck New York City subway train becomes an emotional cauldron for six straphangers representing a range of demographic backgrounds. As tensions rise, the riders reveal themselves through elements of pop, rap, rock, classical and Motown.
The passengers include a homeless man Lloyd (Breaking Bad’s Giancarlo Esposito), who is either an artistic sage or insane – or perhaps both; Eve (the singer Ashanti), a career-orientated African-American woman with personal troubles; Ramon (Pokémon Detective Pikachu’s Omar Chaparro), a Hispanic man working multiple jobs to support his family; and Alicia (Chicago Med’s Arden Cho), an Asian dancer with a secret.
Other riders include Caleb (Be More Chill’s Gerard Canonico), a comic book artist who has been loitering around the studio where Alicia dances, and Sue (Field of Dream’s Amy Madigan), a college music professor haunted by a loss.
Stuck is based on Riley Thomas’ stage musical of the same name. It’s directed by Michael Berry and adapted for the screen by Berry and Riley Thomas.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021