(Above source: IMDb)
Stuck, a pop musical about six strangers who stop being polite and start getting really tuneful, is now available to watch on Hoopla, the free streaming service available via participating public libraries.
A stuck New York City subway train becomes an emotional cauldron for six straphangers representing a range of demographic backgrounds. As tensions rise, the riders reveal themselves through elements of pop, rap, rock, classical and Motown.
The passengers include a homeless man Lloyd (Breaking Bad’s Giancarlo Esposito), who is either an artistic sage or insane – or perhaps both; Eve (the singer Ashanti), a career-orientated African-American woman with personal troubles; Ramon (Pokémon Detective Pikachu’s Omar Chaparro), a Hispanic man working multiple jobs to support his family; and Alicia (Chicago Med’s Arden Cho), an Asian dancer with a secret.
Other riders include Caleb (Be More Chill’s Gerard Canonico), a comic book artist who has been loitering around the studio where Alicia dances, and Sue (Field of Dream’s Amy Madigan), a college music professor haunted by a loss.
Stuck is based on Riley Thomas’ stage musical of the same name. It’s directed by Michael Berry and adapted for the screen by Berry and Riley Thomas.
- Ultimate Shakespeare Binge - May 22, 2020
- ‘Homecoming’ Returns - May 22, 2020
- Guilty Pleasure Alert - May 21, 2020
- Soviet Gulag Drama - May 21, 2020
- No Place Like ‘Little House’ - May 20, 2020
- Political ‘Scandal’ on Hulu - May 20, 2020
- ‘Sleeping with Friends’ - May 19, 2020
- Psychological ‘Penance’ - May 19, 2020
- Macabre Portraiture - May 18, 2020
- ’68 Whiskey’ Bender - May 18, 2020