(Above source: IMDb)
Stuck, a pop musical about six strangers who stop being polite and start getting really tuneful, is now available to watch on Hoopla, the free streaming service available via participating public libraries.
A stuck New York City subway train becomes an emotional cauldron for six straphangers representing a range of demographic backgrounds. As tensions rise, the riders reveal themselves through elements of pop, rap, rock, classical and Motown.
The passengers include a homeless man Lloyd (Breaking Bad’s Giancarlo Esposito), who is either an artistic sage or insane – or perhaps both; Eve (the singer Ashanti), a career-orientated African-American woman with personal troubles; Ramon (Pokémon Detective Pikachu’s Omar Chaparro), a Hispanic man working multiple jobs to support his family; and Alicia (Chicago Med’s Arden Cho), an Asian dancer with a secret.
Other riders include Caleb (Be More Chill’s Gerard Canonico), a comic book artist who has been loitering around the studio where Alicia dances, and Sue (Field of Dream’s Amy Madigan), a college music professor haunted by a loss.
Stuck is based on Riley Thomas’ stage musical of the same name. It’s directed by Michael Berry and adapted for the screen by Berry and Riley Thomas.
- BET+ Streamer Launches - September 20, 2019
- More ‘Disenchantment’ - September 19, 2019
- ‘Couch Tomatoes’ - September 19, 2019
- NBC’s Peacock Preview - September 18, 2019
- Spy’s Work-Life Balance - September 17, 2019
- Dropout’s ‘Game Changer’ - September 17, 2019
- ‘Two Ferns’ Movie - September 16, 2019
- Burns’ ‘Country Music’ - September 13, 2019
- This Weekend on Netflix - September 12, 2019
- Coming to Apple TV+ - September 11, 2019