(Above source: IMDb)
Stuck, a pop musical about six strangers who stop being polite and start getting really tuneful, is now available to watch on Hoopla, the free streaming service available via participating public libraries.
A stuck New York City subway train becomes an emotional cauldron for six straphangers representing a range of demographic backgrounds. As tensions rise, the riders reveal themselves through elements of pop, rap, rock, classical and Motown.
The passengers include a homeless man Lloyd (Breaking Bad’s Giancarlo Esposito), who is either an artistic sage or insane – or perhaps both; Eve (the singer Ashanti), a career-orientated African-American woman with personal troubles; Ramon (Pokémon Detective Pikachu’s Omar Chaparro), a Hispanic man working multiple jobs to support his family; and Alicia (Chicago Med’s Arden Cho), an Asian dancer with a secret.
Other riders include Caleb (Be More Chill’s Gerard Canonico), a comic book artist who has been loitering around the studio where Alicia dances, and Sue (Field of Dream’s Amy Madigan), a college music professor haunted by a loss.
Stuck is based on Riley Thomas’ stage musical of the same name. It’s directed by Michael Berry and adapted for the screen by Berry and Riley Thomas.
- Decades’ ‘Batman’ Binge - November 15, 2019
- More People Use TV Antennas - November 15, 2019
- More ‘Cold as Balls’ - November 13, 2019
- Garlin Stand-Up in Chicago - November 12, 2019
- ‘Nunsense’ TV Specials - November 12, 2019
- UpliftTV Shows Parables - November 11, 2019
- Decades’ ‘Super’ Binge - November 8, 2019
- Netflix: ‘Let It Snow’ - November 7, 2019
- Sesame Street on Kanopy - November 6, 2019
- More Bingeing, Less Sleep - November 5, 2019