(Above source: YouTube video)
Netflix’s young adult drama 13 Reasons Why, based on Jay Asher’s best-selling book, returns for a third, 13-episode season today, August 23.
The new season picks up eight months after Clay (Dylan Minnette) has prevented Tyler (Devin Druid) from committing a tragic act at school. Clay, Tony (Christian Navarro), Jessica (Alisha Boe), Alex (Miles Heizer), Justin (Brandon Flynn) and Zach (Ross Butler) join together to help Tyler recover. But a tumultuous homecoming game results in the disappearance of a football player, and Clay comes under police scrutiny. It then falls “to a shrewd outsider to steer the group through an investigation that threatens to lay bare everyone’s deepest secrets.”
The cast also includes Justin Prentice, Timothy Granaderos, Anne Winters, Steven Weber, Brenda Strong, Amy Hargreaves, and Grace Saif.
The series was created, and co-executive produced, Tony Award and Pulitzer-Prize winner Brian Yorkey.
Season one tells the story of Clay coping with audio tapes in which his former crush Hannah (Katherine Langford) tells why she took own life. In July 2019, Netflix altered the graphic suicide scene in the season one finale.
For more, visit Netflix.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021