(Above source: YouTube video)
Netflix’s young adult drama 13 Reasons Why, based on Jay Asher’s best-selling book, returns for a third, 13-episode season today, August 23.
The new season picks up eight months after Clay (Dylan Minnette) has prevented Tyler (Devin Druid) from committing a tragic act at school. Clay, Tony (Christian Navarro), Jessica (Alisha Boe), Alex (Miles Heizer), Justin (Brandon Flynn) and Zach (Ross Butler) join together to help Tyler recover. But a tumultuous homecoming game results in the disappearance of a football player, and Clay comes under police scrutiny. It then falls “to a shrewd outsider to steer the group through an investigation that threatens to lay bare everyone’s deepest secrets.”
The cast also includes Justin Prentice, Timothy Granaderos, Anne Winters, Steven Weber, Brenda Strong, Amy Hargreaves, and Grace Saif.
The series was created, and co-executive produced, Tony Award and Pulitzer-Prize winner Brian Yorkey.
Season one tells the story of Clay coping with audio tapes in which his former crush Hannah (Katherine Langford) tells why she took own life. In July 2019, Netflix altered the graphic suicide scene in the season one finale.
For more, visit Netflix.
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021