(Above source: YouTube video)
DogTV, which launched in San Diego back in 2012, is being let off the pay-leash – for five days, anyway.
Starting this Friday August 23 through Wednesday August 28, the channel will be streamable for free at dogtv.com or via Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, iOS and Android. That should give you and your dog time to decide whether it’s worth paying for – at $9.99 a month with a 14-day free trial.
There are already millions of free adorable dog and puppy videos. What’s the appeal of DogTV?
According to its owners, DogTV is a 24/7 babysitter for canine family members.The channel offers three content categories: relaxation (to reduce stress), stimulation (to encourage movement and playfulness), and exposure (to help dogs become more comfortable with things that make them nervous).
DogTV also includes shows for humans, such as Things We Woof About, The Dog Chef, The Adoption Show and Dog Star.
But isn’t it all really targeted at people?
“DogTV is no gimmick,” said Beke Lubeach, general manager for DOGTV North America. “This is television that was created for dogs by a group of scientists and experts and it is tailored to the way that dogs see, hear and react.” The result, Lubeach said, is “a confident, happy dog who is less likely to develop stress, separation anxiety or other problems associated with spending time alone.”
For more information, visit dogtv.com/unleashed.
DogTV isn’t the only 24/7 canine channel.
Last year, the American Kennel Club introduced AKC.TV, a free streamer featuring both a live feed and such on-demand content as Meet the Breeds, Canine Heroes and The Cutest Puppies. You can find it on the web, Apple TV and Roku. For more information and all titles, visit AKC.TV.
- A ‘Cyberchase’ Thanksgiving - November 20, 2019
- Two Docs, Two Tragedies - November 19, 2019
- Review: Bingeable ‘Crown’ - November 18, 2019
- Decades’ ‘Batman’ Binge - November 15, 2019
- More People Use TV Antennas - November 15, 2019
- More ‘Cold as Balls’ - November 13, 2019
- Garlin Stand-Up in Chicago - November 12, 2019
- ‘Nunsense’ TV Specials - November 12, 2019
- UpliftTV Shows Parables - November 11, 2019
- Decades’ ‘Super’ Binge - November 8, 2019