Midnight Movie Society, a subscription streamer specializing in “extreme underground, taboo and cult horror movies,” is scheduled to launch in September, on Friday the 13th.
Midnight Movie Society’s content has not been revealed, other than the promise that MVD will be “pulling from the thousands of film hours” in its catalog and Rue Morgue will be “finding and curating fresh and unusual content.”
The service said it will launch on the web, iOS and Roku for $4.99 monthly or $47.88 annually. Midnight Movie Society will go up against such competitors as the established Shudder ($5.99/month) and another newcomer, Terror TV ($3.99/month).
For updated info as the launch nears, sign up for the service’s email list at MidnightMovieSociety.com.
- ‘High Castle’ Ends Today - November 15, 2019
- Corman and Dante Debuts - November 15, 2019
- Report on ‘The Report’ - November 13, 2019
- ‘All Hail Beth’ on YouTube - November 13, 2019
- Some Cash, More Parton - November 12, 2019
- Meet Historical Heroes - November 11, 2019
- Give Me ‘My First Kiss’ - November 8, 2019
- Dragula Moves to Netflix - November 8, 2019
- Tango Down on Vidi Space - November 7, 2019
- Real-Life Time Travelers - November 6, 2019