(Photo: Sandra Oh in ‘Thorne,’ courtesy Acorn TV)
David Morrissey (“the governor” on AMC’s The Walking Dead) plays the title role in Thorne, a 2010 British detective series that dropped this morning on subscription streamer Acorn TV. It’s also available to Netflix and Amazon Prime subscribers – or free to all on Tubi.
But we’re most eager to see current Emmy nominee Sandra Oh (BBC America’s Killing Eve) as Thorne’s fellow inspector Sarah Chen in “Scaredy Cat,” the second of two three-episode arcs that make up the series.
When “Scaredy Cat” first aired, on Sky One in the UK and Encore in the US, Oh was midway through her 10-year, five-time Emmy-nominated role of Cristina Yang in ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy.
“Scaredy Cat” and arc #1 “Sleepyhead” both deal with the hunt for serial killers and are based on novels of the same titles by Mark Billingham.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021