(Above: Mary Bridget Davies as Janis Joplin)
Today, we continue our #Woodstock50 celebration with a look at BroadwayHD’s salute to Janis Joplin.
Fifty years ago tomorrow night, at 2 am, Janis Joplin played a one-hour, 10-song set at Woodstock, sandwiched between Creedence Clearwater Revival and Sly & the Family Stone. Yes, the talent pool at the famed festival was immense, but Joplin more than held her own despite the late hour and her heroin addiction.
But you be the judge. Here’s Joplin and The Kozmic Blues Band with two selections from Woodstock:
For an additional Joplin treat, head over to BroadwayHD.com starting tomorrow, August 16. Until Monday, the streamer will offer Mary Bridget Davies, nominated for a 2014 Tony as the lead in A Night with Janis Joplin, performing Joplin’s entire Woodstock set. Anyone will be able to stream three of the songs, while BroadwayHD subscribers can enjoy all of them.
Here are 30-second clips of Davies doing Joplin’s final two numbers from Woodstock:
Davies will also star in a live BroadwayHD Facebook show tomorrow at 3 pm ET, in which she’ll answer questions and “maybe even sings a song, or three.”
BroadwayHD subscribers, meanwhile, can see Davies’ entire performance in in A Night with Janis Joplin.
You can subscribe to BroadwayHD for $8.99 monthly or $99.99 annually. Visit BroadwayHD.com for info.
For more #Woodstock50 viewing options, see our recent article, “Celebrate Woodstock.”
- ‘Will & Grace’ Returns - October 23, 2019
- A Meeting of Kings - October 22, 2019
- ‘Intelligent Lives’ Doc - October 21, 2019
- Dorothy Stratten Videos - October 18, 2019
- YouTube’s ‘Booktube’ - October 17, 2019
- Facebook’s ‘Limetown’ - October 16, 2019
- An Ad-Supported MHz - October 16, 2019
- ‘Craig Fixada America’ - October 15, 2019
- Fill up on ‘Corner Gas’ - October 14, 2019
- Robert Forster Sampler - October 14, 2019