(Above: Kimia Behpoornia in ‘Gods of Food.’ Source: YouTube video)
Gods of Food, a mockumentary series starring fake and real-life celebrity chefs, will serve its debut episode on subscription comedy streamer Dropout tomorrow, August 8. A new episode will drop every Thursday through September 12.
Each week an egotistical fictional chef shares wild culinary inspirations and restaurant concepts. Such real-life celebrities as Top Chef’s Hugh Acheson and Richard Blais, along with Food Network’s Jet Tila and The New York Times’ Alison Roman, provide commentary.
The phony chefs includes Don Fanelli as Anthony D’Anthony, Krizia Bajos (Julia Splenderpoot), Kimia Behpoornia (Blynn), Leonard Kelly-Young (Giuseppe Greco), Tracy Vilar (Laura Sepanowitz) and Helen Hong (Chung Ji-Woo).
College Humor’s Rekha Shankar wrote the series, and co-executive produced with Sam Reich, David Cyr Kerns and Adam Frucci.
CollegeHumor Media, the parent company of the youth-oriented CollegeHumor, Dorkly and Drawfee, launched Dropout last year. It costs $4.99 a month or $47.92 annually ($3.99 a month x 12), with a seven-day free trial.
For more information, visit Dropout.tv.
- Classic ‘Office’ Smells - August 19, 2019
- Antenna TV’s Kotter Binge - August 16, 2019
- Who’s the Boss? - August 15, 2019
- Manson’s Music - August 14, 2019
- ‘Why Women Kill’ - August 13, 2019
- ‘Wu Assassins’ on Netflix - August 12, 2019
- Here They Come - August 9, 2019
- Binge Free While You Can - August 8, 2019
- Wacky Chefs - August 7, 2019
- ‘Rocketman’ Streams - August 6, 2019