A new classic TV service, first identified on-screen as “Folk TV” and now as “hapa,” has been spotted this month by Verizon Fios subscribers (on channel 229). But anyone, corded or not, can stream the channel free online. Simply called Folk, it’s available on the web at MyFolk.tv, or via Roku, iOS and Android.
What’s on Folk?
We especially like the channel’s weeknight trio of 1960s dramas starting at 9 pm ET – Secret Agent (starring a pre-Prisoner Patrick McGoohan); The Saint (starring a pre-James Bond Roger Moore) and Route 66 (co-starring a pre-Adam 12 Martin Milner). On Saturdays, the trio of shows gets replaced by three episodes of The Prisoner itself!
Other Folk highlights include four straight episodes of Space: 1999 on Sunday afternoons, The Red Skelton Show leading off primetime weeknights at 8 pm, a live-action Conan the Adventurer Saturdays at 8 pm, and four episodes of the early anthology series Suspense late-night on Sundays.
Let us know your own favorite Folk shows in the comments section below. For now, in the words of Folk mainstay Roy Rogers, “Happy Trails to You!”
- Peter Fonda’s Best Free - August 19, 2019
- Oh on Acorn’s ‘Thorne’ - August 19, 2019
- Stadium Starts Football - August 16, 2019
- Celebrate Janis Joplin - August 15, 2019
- Have a Kookie Weekend - August 15, 2019
- Back to ‘Downton Abbey’ - August 14, 2019
- An ‘Immoral Dilemma’ - August 13, 2019
- Let’s Talk Dementia - August 13, 2019
- Blame ‘The Scapegoat’ - August 12, 2019
- Facebook’s Amazon Doc - August 9, 2019