A new classic TV service, first identified on-screen as “Folk TV” and now as “hapa,” has been spotted this month by Verizon Fios subscribers (on channel 229). But anyone, corded or not, can stream the channel free online. Simply called Folk, it’s available on the web at MyFolk.tv, or via Roku, iOS and Android.
What’s on Folk?
We especially like the channel’s weeknight trio of 1960s dramas starting at 9 pm ET – Secret Agent (starring a pre-Prisoner Patrick McGoohan); The Saint (starring a pre-James Bond Roger Moore) and Route 66 (co-starring a pre-Adam 12 Martin Milner). On Saturdays, the trio of shows gets replaced by three episodes of The Prisoner itself!
Other Folk highlights include four straight episodes of Space: 1999 on Sunday afternoons, The Red Skelton Show leading off primetime weeknights at 8 pm, a live-action Conan the Adventurer Saturdays at 8 pm, and four episodes of the early anthology series Suspense late-night on Sundays.
Let us know your own favorite Folk shows in the comments section below. For now, in the words of Folk mainstay Roy Rogers, “Happy Trails to You!”
- Multicultural VumaTV - May 26, 2020
- Marking Memorial Day - May 22, 2020
- It’s Red Nose Day on NBC - May 21, 2020
- A Free Romcom Musical - May 21, 2020
- New Morgan Fairchild Soap - May 20, 2020
- Hola Canela.TV - May 20, 2020
- Smash’s Bombshell, Reunion - May 19, 2020
- Magnolias, Sweet and Steel - May 19, 2020
- Tom Hanks…in Spanx? - May 18, 2020
- Upcoming Benefit Streams - May 18, 2020