(Above: The cast of ‘Dear White People.’ Source: Netflix)
Dear White People, an absurdist send-up of so-called post-racial America, returns to Netflix tomorrow, August 2.
The third 10-episode season, titled Dear White People Vol. 3, continues the stories of a group of African-American students who attend a predominantly white Ivy League university. Although the school fancies itself beyond racism, students of color are forced to navigate everyday social injustice, cultural bias, political sensitivity (or insensitivity) and activism.
The series stars Logan Browning, Brandon P. Bell, Antoinette Robertson, DeRon Horton,, John Patrick Amedori, Ashley Blaine Featherson and Marque Richardson.
Justin Simien is the show’s creator, executive producer, director and writer. He also serves as co-showrunner with Yvette Lee Bowser.
An earlier 2014 film of the same title, which Justin Simien also wrote and directed, stars Tyler James Williams, Tessa Thompson, Teyonah Parris, Brandon P. Bell, Kyle Gallner and Dennis Haysbert.
- It’s ‘Hell on the Border’ - December 13, 2019
- Netflix Dominates IMDb List - December 12, 2019
- Fictional ‘Showcase’ on Hulu - December 11, 2019
- The System is Rigged - December 10, 2019
- ‘Diff’rent Strokes’ Binge - December 10, 2019
- ‘Runaways’ Final Escape - December 9, 2019
- ‘Marriage Story’ Woes - December 6, 2019
- ‘Joe Bob’s Red Christmas’ - December 6, 2019
- Hot Shows/Films on Prime - December 5, 2019
- ‘Mrs. Maisel’ On Tour - December 4, 2019