(Above: The cast of ‘Dear White People.’ Source: Netflix)
Dear White People, an absurdist send-up of so-called post-racial America, returns to Netflix tomorrow, August 2.
The third 10-episode season, titled Dear White People Vol. 3, continues the stories of a group of African-American students who attend a predominantly white Ivy League university. Although the school fancies itself beyond racism, students of color are forced to navigate everyday social injustice, cultural bias, political sensitivity (or insensitivity) and activism.
The series stars Logan Browning, Brandon P. Bell, Antoinette Robertson, DeRon Horton,, John Patrick Amedori, Ashley Blaine Featherson and Marque Richardson.
Justin Simien is the show’s creator, executive producer, director and writer. He also serves as co-showrunner with Yvette Lee Bowser.
An earlier 2014 film of the same title, which Justin Simien also wrote and directed, stars Tyler James Williams, Tessa Thompson, Teyonah Parris, Brandon P. Bell, Kyle Gallner and Dennis Haysbert.
- ‘AfroPop’ Season 12 - January 20, 2020
- Ovid Films En Español - January 17, 2020
- Inner City Rugby Drama - January 16, 2020
- Acorn TV Gets ‘Dead Lucky’ - January 16, 2020
- ‘Dead Lands’ Thriller - January 15, 2020
- ‘Little America,’ Big Debut - January 14, 2020
- The History of Gaming - January 14, 2020
- Prime Laughs January 17 - January 13, 2020
- Soon on PBS Masterpiece - January 10, 2020
- Disney+’s ‘Future President’ - January 9, 2020