(Above: The cast of ‘Dear White People.’ Source: Netflix)
Dear White People, an absurdist send-up of so-called post-racial America, returns to Netflix tomorrow, August 2.
The third 10-episode season, titled Dear White People Vol. 3, continues the stories of a group of African-American students who attend a predominantly white Ivy League university. Although the school fancies itself beyond racism, students of color are forced to navigate everyday social injustice, cultural bias, political sensitivity (or insensitivity) and activism.
The series stars Logan Browning, Brandon P. Bell, Antoinette Robertson, DeRon Horton,, John Patrick Amedori, Ashley Blaine Featherson and Marque Richardson.
Justin Simien is the show’s creator, executive producer, director and writer. He also serves as co-showrunner with Yvette Lee Bowser.
An earlier 2014 film of the same title, which Justin Simien also wrote and directed, stars Tyler James Williams, Tessa Thompson, Teyonah Parris, Brandon P. Bell, Kyle Gallner and Dennis Haysbert.
- Classic ‘Office’ Smells - August 19, 2019
- Antenna TV’s Kotter Binge - August 16, 2019
- Who’s the Boss? - August 15, 2019
- Manson’s Music - August 14, 2019
- ‘Why Women Kill’ - August 13, 2019
- ‘Wu Assassins’ on Netflix - August 12, 2019
- Here They Come - August 9, 2019
- Binge Free While You Can - August 8, 2019
- Wacky Chefs - August 7, 2019
- ‘Rocketman’ Streams - August 6, 2019