(Above: Chad and Abby in ‘Days of Our Lives.’ Source: YouTube video)
NBC soap opera Days of Our Lives will launch a companion short-form drama this Thursday, August 1. Days of our Lives: The Digital Series will begin with an eight-episode arc titled “Chad and Abby in Paris.”
The first three episodes will debut Thursday over the show’s DOOL app, with the remainder dropping weekly through September 5. Episodes will also be available on NBC.com and the NBC app a week after their DOOL droppings. Each episode will be six to 10 minutes long.
Billy Flynn and Kate Mansi play Chad and Abby, who have not been seen on Days of Our Lives itself since re-marrying this past February and leaving for Paris. They’ll return to the main show this fall, but In the meantime fans can see how they’ve been faring in the city of love by streaming the digital-only series. Here’s a short scene:
Days of Our Lives: The Digital Series will also feature an appearance by Austin Reed (Austin Peck), who’s been off the main series for a year, and introduce a new character, Juliet, played by Rachele Schank.
The companion series is said to to be the first ever for a weekday soap opera, of which only four remain. NBC’s sole survivor, the hour-long Days of Our Lives, debuted in 1965 — making it by far the network’s longest-running drama of any kind. Check your local NBC station’s schedule for the exact time in your area.
- Peter Fonda’s Best Free - August 19, 2019
- Oh on Acorn’s ‘Thorne’ - August 19, 2019
- Stadium Starts Football - August 16, 2019
- Celebrate Janis Joplin - August 15, 2019
- Have a Kookie Weekend - August 15, 2019
- Back to ‘Downton Abbey’ - August 14, 2019
- An ‘Immoral Dilemma’ - August 13, 2019
- Let’s Talk Dementia - August 13, 2019
- Blame ‘The Scapegoat’ - August 12, 2019
- Facebook’s Amazon Doc - August 9, 2019