(Above: Chris Evans and Michael Kenneth Williams in ‘The Red Sea Diving Resort.’ Source: IMDb)
The Red Sea Diving Resort, a Netflix movie debuting tomorrow, July 31, is a bona-fide international thriller. Filmed in South Africa, it’s set in Sudan, chronicles the smuggling of Jewish refugees from Ethiopia into Israel, and stars Captain America himself, Chris Evans.
“Inspired” by true events in the early 1980s, Evans plays Ari Levenson who along with local Kabede Bimro (Boardwalk Empire’s Michael Kenneth Williams) leads a team of Israeli Mossad agents in the rescue missions. The Resort of the title is a front that ends up operating as a real hotel.
The cast also includes Haley Bennett (Megan in The Girl on the Train), Michiel Huisman (Daario Naharis in Game of Thrones), Chris Chalk (Lucius Fox on Gotham), Alex Hassell (Translucent in The Boys), Oscar nominee Greg Kinnear (As Good as It Gets) and Oscar winner Ben Kingsley (Gandhi).
For more info, visit Netflix.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021