(Above source: YouTube video)
Four Weddings and a Funeral, which follows the personal trajectories of four American friends living in London, debuts as a limited series on Hulu this coming Wednesday, July 31. Hulu subscribers can also stream the 1994 feature film, starring Hugh Grant and Andie MacDowell, on which the series is based.
Things start jovially enough in the new series. The four friends in question – played by Nathalie Emmanuel, Brandon Mychal Smith, Rebecca Rittenhouse and John Reynolds) – reunite for a London wedding. But a shocking reveal at the altar triggers a year of romantic tribulations and political scandals. And along the way there are four weddings and a funeral.
The cast also includes Zoe Boyle, Guz Khan, Sophia La Porta, Harish Patel and Nikesh Patel.
The Office’s Mindy Kaling — who executive produced, wrote and starred in the recent theatrical release, Late Night — co-wrote the pilot for the Four Weddings series and serves as an executive producer.
The original movie, also set in the UK, follows the emerging romance between a British bachelor (Grant) and an American woman (MacDowell), kindled over the course of, well, four weddings and a funeral. In addition to Hulu, you can watch it with an Amazon Prime subscription or rent it starting at $2.99 from Vudu and other providers.
In a nod to the film, MacDowell makes an appearance in the Hulu series.
- All Arts’ Holocaust Drama - January 23, 2020
- Hulu Gets More ‘Shrill’ - January 22, 2020
- Netflix’s Last Roundup - January 21, 2020
- ‘AfroPop’ Season 12 - January 20, 2020
- Ovid Films En Español - January 17, 2020
- Inner City Rugby Drama - January 16, 2020
- Acorn TV Gets ‘Dead Lucky’ - January 16, 2020
- ‘Dead Lands’ Thriller - January 15, 2020
- ‘Little America,’ Big Debut - January 14, 2020
- The History of Gaming - January 14, 2020