(Above: Taylor Schilling in ‘Orange is the New Black.’ Source: IMDb. © Netflix)
Orange is the New Black, one of streaming’s early and enduring hits, will bow its seventh and final season on Netflix this Friday, July 26.
The series began with the typically law-abiding Piper Chapman (Taylor Schilling) landing in jail, having been convicted for transporting drug money to an ex-girlfriend. In this final season, Piper is free, adjusting to life on the outside. Meanwhile, with a life sentence looming, Taystee’s (Danielle Brooks’) friendship with Cindy (Adrienne C. Moore) is tested. And Polycon, the for-profit company that took over Litchfield Penitentiary, is forcing Gloria (Selenis Leyva) and her kitchen staff to deal with the results of profit-maximization.
The cast also includes Mandella Bellamy, Uzo Aduba, Kate Mulgrew, Dana Berger, Jackie Cruz and Amanda Fuller.
The series, which has received numerous awards and nominations, was created by Jenji Kohan, who also created Showtime’s Weeds. The show is based on Piper Kerman’s memoir.
You can stream all seven seasons at Netflix.
- All Arts’ Holocaust Drama - January 23, 2020
- Hulu Gets More ‘Shrill’ - January 22, 2020
- Netflix’s Last Roundup - January 21, 2020
- ‘AfroPop’ Season 12 - January 20, 2020
- Ovid Films En Español - January 17, 2020
- Inner City Rugby Drama - January 16, 2020
- Acorn TV Gets ‘Dead Lucky’ - January 16, 2020
- ‘Dead Lands’ Thriller - January 15, 2020
- ‘Little America,’ Big Debut - January 14, 2020
- The History of Gaming - January 14, 2020