(Photo: the tile character of ‘Candle in the Tomb: The Weasel Grave.’ Source: IMDb. © tang.gen)
Candle in the Tomb: The Weasel Grave, a 20-episode 2017 Chinese adventure series, premieres at 8 pm ET today on Toku, the subscription streamer offering Asian anime and live action content. The series has also been streaming on Amazon Prime since late May, and is available free, with ads, on Viki, another Asian-focused streamer.
In the first series, tomb raider Hu Ba Yi helps a woman find her missing father. This time, he flashes back two decades to an adventure when he first formed his team of tomb raiders. Hint: a weasel is involved.
The Weasel Grave is also a sequel/prequel to Mojin: The Lost Legend, a 2015 Chinese movie that you can stream on Hi-Yah!, a subscription service specializing in Asian action, or for free on Hoopla, if your local library offers that service. You can also rent the film from various providers starting at $3.99
The role of Hu Ba Yi, incidentally, is played by a different actor in each of the three titles. All of them are based on a best-selling book series, Ghost Blows Out the Light by Zhang Muye, as was yet a second 2015 movie: Chronicles of the Ghostly Tribe, which is also available on Hoopla, and from $3.99 at various providers. Hu Ba Yi is played by yet another actor.
Toku, available at watchtoku.com, costs $3.99 monthly or $39.99 annually, following a seven-day free trial.
You can also get Viki ad-free, starting at $34.99 annually. For more info, visit viki.com.
- Peter Fonda’s Best Free - August 19, 2019
- Oh on Acorn’s ‘Thorne’ - August 19, 2019
- Stadium Starts Football - August 16, 2019
- Celebrate Janis Joplin - August 15, 2019
- Have a Kookie Weekend - August 15, 2019
- Back to ‘Downton Abbey’ - August 14, 2019
- An ‘Immoral Dilemma’ - August 13, 2019
- Let’s Talk Dementia - August 13, 2019
- Blame ‘The Scapegoat’ - August 12, 2019
- Facebook’s Amazon Doc - August 9, 2019