(Photo: the tile character of ‘Candle in the Tomb: The Weasel Grave.’ Source: IMDb. © tang.gen)
Candle in the Tomb: The Weasel Grave, a 20-episode 2017 Chinese adventure series, premieres at 8 pm ET today on Toku, the subscription streamer offering Asian anime and live action content. The series has also been streaming on Amazon Prime since late May, and is available free, with ads, on Viki, another Asian-focused streamer.
In the first series, tomb raider Hu Ba Yi helps a woman find her missing father. This time, he flashes back two decades to an adventure when he first formed his team of tomb raiders. Hint: a weasel is involved.
The Weasel Grave is also a sequel/prequel to Mojin: The Lost Legend, a 2015 Chinese movie that you can stream on Hi-Yah!, a subscription service specializing in Asian action, or for free on Hoopla, if your local library offers that service. You can also rent the film from various providers starting at $3.99
The role of Hu Ba Yi, incidentally, is played by a different actor in each of the three titles. All of them are based on a best-selling book series, Ghost Blows Out the Light by Zhang Muye, as was yet a second 2015 movie: Chronicles of the Ghostly Tribe, which is also available on Hoopla, and from $3.99 at various providers. Hu Ba Yi is played by yet another actor.
Toku, available at watchtoku.com, costs $3.99 monthly or $39.99 annually, following a seven-day free trial.
You can also get Viki ad-free, starting at $34.99 annually. For more info, visit viki.com.
- ‘Will & Grace’ Returns - October 23, 2019
- A Meeting of Kings - October 22, 2019
- ‘Intelligent Lives’ Doc - October 21, 2019
- Dorothy Stratten Videos - October 18, 2019
- YouTube’s ‘Booktube’ - October 17, 2019
- Facebook’s ‘Limetown’ - October 16, 2019
- An Ad-Supported MHz - October 16, 2019
- ‘Craig Fixada America’ - October 15, 2019
- Fill up on ‘Corner Gas’ - October 14, 2019
- Robert Forster Sampler - October 14, 2019