(Above: Antony Starr as Homelander in ‘The Boys.’ Source: YouTube video)
How do all those superheroes manage to stay so humble?
In Amazon Prime’s satirical series, The Boys, debuting this Friday, July 26, the answer is – they don’t.
Corrupted by their celebrity, the adoration of countless millions and a lack of accountability, these superheroes, known as The Seven, abuse their powers. It then falls to mere mortals – The Boys – to expose the truth about them and the Vought conglomerate that manages them and covers up their misdeeds.
The Boys are Billy Butcher (Star Trek’s Karl Urban), Hughie (The Hunger Games’ Jack Quaid), Mother’s Milk (Detroit’s Laz Alonso), Frenchie (Hostages’ Tomer Capon), and The Female (Suicide Squad’s Karen Fukuhara). Star Trek’s Simon Pegg appears as Hughie’s father.
The Seven super miscreants include Homelander (Banshee’s Antony Starr), Starlight (Captain Fantastic’s Erin Moriarty), Queen Maeve (House of Cards’ Dominique McElligott) A-Train (Independence Day’s Jessie T. Usher), The Deep (Gossip Girl’s Chace Crawford), Translucent (Grantchester’s Alex Hassell) and Black Noir (Supernatural’s Nathan Mitchell). Leaving Las Vegas’ Elisabeth Shue plays Vought’s senior VP of hero management.
The show is based on Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson’s comic of the same name.
For more, visit Amazon.
- Classic ‘Office’ Smells - August 19, 2019
- Antenna TV’s Kotter Binge - August 16, 2019
- Who’s the Boss? - August 15, 2019
- Manson’s Music - August 14, 2019
- ‘Why Women Kill’ - August 13, 2019
- ‘Wu Assassins’ on Netflix - August 12, 2019
- Here They Come - August 9, 2019
- Binge Free While You Can - August 8, 2019
- Wacky Chefs - August 7, 2019
- ‘Rocketman’ Streams - August 6, 2019