(Above source: Facebook)
World TeamTennis (WTT), co-founded by Billie Jean King 45 years ago, has launched a free Dailymotion channel offering live matches outside the US and on-demand content everywhere.
For Canadians and viewers in dozens of other countries, the next live Dailymotion match – the Orange County Breakers at the New York Empire — is scheduled for tomorrow, July 18, at 6:30 pm ET. That match can also be seen on WTT.TV and the ESPN+ subscription streaming service.
The Breakers feature former top-ranked player Victoria Azarenka and 2014 Wimbledon finalist Eugenie Bouchard, while the Empire include 2017 US Open champion Sloane Stephens and 14-time ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) winner John Isner.
Here, from the WTT’s opening day this past Sunday, are the Philadelphia Freedoms at the Springfield (MO) Lasers. Elton John, incidentally, wrote his 1975 smash “Philadelphia Freedom” in honor of the visiting team, which at the time featured his friend Billie Jean King.
WTT’s eight teams also include the Washington Kastles with seven-time grandslam winner Venus Williams.
For over-the-air viewers in the US, WTT will make its CBS debut on Sunday, July 21, at 4 pm when the Philadelphia Freedoms visit the Vegas Rollers.
The WTT season lasts just three weeks. You can find ongoing TV schedules, including matches airing on WTT.TV, ESPN+ and the CBS Sports Network cable service, at wtt.com/schedule. Some matches will also air on NBC and Fox regional cable sports networks.
- ‘Will & Grace’ Returns - October 23, 2019
- A Meeting of Kings - October 22, 2019
- ‘Intelligent Lives’ Doc - October 21, 2019
- Dorothy Stratten Videos - October 18, 2019
- YouTube’s ‘Booktube’ - October 17, 2019
- Facebook’s ‘Limetown’ - October 16, 2019
- An Ad-Supported MHz - October 16, 2019
- ‘Craig Fixada America’ - October 15, 2019
- Fill up on ‘Corner Gas’ - October 14, 2019
- Robert Forster Sampler - October 14, 2019