(Above source: Facebook)
World TeamTennis (WTT), co-founded by Billie Jean King 45 years ago, has launched a free Dailymotion channel offering live matches outside the US and on-demand content everywhere.
For Canadians and viewers in dozens of other countries, the next live Dailymotion match – the Orange County Breakers at the New York Empire — is scheduled for tomorrow, July 18, at 6:30 pm ET. That match can also be seen on WTT.TV and the ESPN+ subscription streaming service.
The Breakers feature former top-ranked player Victoria Azarenka and 2014 Wimbledon finalist Eugenie Bouchard, while the Empire include 2017 US Open champion Sloane Stephens and 14-time ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) winner John Isner.
Here, from the WTT’s opening day this past Sunday, are the Philadelphia Freedoms at the Springfield (MO) Lasers. Elton John, incidentally, wrote his 1975 smash “Philadelphia Freedom” in honor of the visiting team, which at the time featured his friend Billie Jean King.
WTT’s eight teams also include the Washington Kastles with seven-time grandslam winner Venus Williams.
For over-the-air viewers in the US, WTT will make its CBS debut on Sunday, July 21, at 4 pm when the Philadelphia Freedoms visit the Vegas Rollers.
The WTT season lasts just three weeks. You can find ongoing TV schedules, including matches airing on WTT.TV, ESPN+ and the CBS Sports Network cable service, at wtt.com/schedule. Some matches will also air on NBC and Fox regional cable sports networks.
- Peter Fonda’s Best Free - August 19, 2019
- Oh on Acorn’s ‘Thorne’ - August 19, 2019
- Stadium Starts Football - August 16, 2019
- Celebrate Janis Joplin - August 15, 2019
- Have a Kookie Weekend - August 15, 2019
- Back to ‘Downton Abbey’ - August 14, 2019
- An ‘Immoral Dilemma’ - August 13, 2019
- Let’s Talk Dementia - August 13, 2019
- Blame ‘The Scapegoat’ - August 12, 2019
- Facebook’s Amazon Doc - August 9, 2019