(Above source: YouTube video)
Today, MHz Choice debuts the first two season one episodes of Banking District (Quartiers des Banques), a Swiss-Belgian thriller involving power struggles at a 300-year-old, family-run bank. Two additional episodes will bow on Tuesday, July 23, and two more on July 30.
It’s January 2012, and US tax authorities are trying to crack down on the storied secrecy of the Swiss banking system. Meanwhile, a young private bank director, (Vincent Kucholl), is discovered unconscious at home following an insulin shock. Was it an accident or suicide? His sister (Laura Sepul), suspecting attempted murder, takes over for him on the board of directors. She must both save the bank and find his would-be killer.
Created and directed by Fulvio Bernasconi, the cast also includes Féodor Atkine, Stéphane Metzger, Arnaud Binard and Raul Fernandes.
A second season is scheduled to debut on Radio Télévision Suisse later this year. No word as to when it will come to MHz Choice.
To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Grown-Up ‘Punky’ on Peacock - February 24, 2021
- Swedish Hockey Drama - February 22, 2021
- Extended ‘Dead’ on AMC+ - February 19, 2021
- Fight for the 14th - February 17, 2021
- Meet George O’Hanlon - February 15, 2021
- Marvel Doc on Disney+ - February 12, 2021
- Landmark with Dark History - February 10, 2021
- Looking for Love? Bigfoot? - February 8, 2021
- Snoopy is Back - February 5, 2021
- One ‘Family,’ Two Homes - February 3, 2021