(Above source: YouTube video)
Today, MHz Choice debuts the first two season one episodes of Banking District (Quartiers des Banques), a Swiss-Belgian thriller involving power struggles at a 300-year-old, family-run bank. Two additional episodes will bow on Tuesday, July 23, and two more on July 30.
It’s January 2012, and US tax authorities are trying to crack down on the storied secrecy of the Swiss banking system. Meanwhile, a young private bank director, (Vincent Kucholl), is discovered unconscious at home following an insulin shock. Was it an accident or suicide? His sister (Laura Sepul), suspecting attempted murder, takes over for him on the board of directors. She must both save the bank and find his would-be killer.
Created and directed by Fulvio Bernasconi, the cast also includes Féodor Atkine, Stéphane Metzger, Arnaud Binard and Raul Fernandes.
A second season is scheduled to debut on Radio Télévision Suisse later this year. No word as to when it will come to MHz Choice.
To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Stuck in ‘Castle Rock’ - October 22, 2019
- Visiting Old ‘Haunt'(s) - October 22, 2019
- Free ‘Love’ From CBS - October 21, 2019
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Binge - October 18, 2019
- Living Room or Multiplex? - October 17, 2019
- Playing God - October 16, 2019
- AMC Theatres at Home - October 15, 2019
- Hulu Up North - October 14, 2019
- Boris Karloff’s ‘Thriller’ - October 11, 2019
- Jesse’s Back - October 10, 2019