(Above: George Romero’s ‘Survival of the Dead.’ Source: IMDb)
Magnolia Pictures has entered the increasingly crowded indie-movie streaming field with four streaming services.
The main streamer, Magnolia Selects, costs $4.99 a month with a seven-day free trial. It includes documentaries (Man on Wire, Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room, Steve Jobs), comedies (Alan Partridge, Nature Calls, What Just Happened), horror films (Let the Right One In, Tucker & Dale vs. Evil, George Romero’s Survival of the Dead), action thrillers (The Gangster, The Hunter, Bronson) and dramas (The World’s Fastest Indian, Flawless, How I Live Now).
Magnolia Selects also offers a handful of TV series.
If your tastes are a little more niche, Magnolia offers three other channels – Dox Channel (documentaries), Monsters and Nightmares (horror) and Warriors and Gangsters (action). Each costs $2.99 a month, with a seven-day free trial.
The three niche channels can be accessed via Sling TV, and are also available as subscription add-ons through Amazon and Roku. Magnolia Selects, is available only on Sling TV and Roku, although you can rent individual Magnolia titles on Amazon.
For more, visit Magnolia Selects.
- Shudder’s Price-y Binge - September 30, 2020
- Making the Electoral Sausage - September 28, 2020
- Beware the Jelly Monsters - September 25, 2020
- Happy Birthday, John Bunny - September 24, 2020
- The Virtual Play’s the Thing - September 23, 2020
- Vigilante Killer? - September 21, 2020
- Nurse Ratched Returns! - September 18, 2020
- Unholy Backwater, Batman! - September 16, 2020
- Facebooking with ‘Steve’ - September 14, 2020
- ‘Miscast,’ but in a Good Way - September 11, 2020