(Above: ‘Point Blank.’ Source: Netflix)
To save his kidnapped pregnant wife, an ER nurse teams up with a badly injured murder suspect against gangs and corrupt cops. That’s the gist of Point Blank, a 90-minute Netflix thriller debuting today.
Anthony Mackie (Netflix’s Altered Carbon), Frank Grillo (AT&T’s Kingdom), and Marcia Gay Harden (CBS’ Code Black) star in the film, which is a remake of a 2010 French film of the same title (À bout portant).
The original movie titled Point Blank, though, came out in 1967. Starring Lee Marvin and Angie Dickinson. It was also a 90-minute thriller, this time involving stolen money and organized crime. Roger Ebert, for one, gave the movie a thumb’s up.
There was also another 90-minute Point Blank thriller in 1998. It starred Mickey Rourke, was about a prison break, and is unavailable for streaming. But you can watch the trailer:
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021