(Above: ‘Point Blank.’ Source: Netflix)
To save his kidnapped pregnant wife, an ER nurse teams up with a badly injured murder suspect against gangs and corrupt cops. That’s the gist of Point Blank, a 90-minute Netflix thriller debuting today.
Anthony Mackie (Netflix’s Altered Carbon), Frank Grillo (AT&T’s Kingdom), and Marcia Gay Harden (CBS’ Code Black) star in the film, which is a remake of a 2010 French film of the same title (À bout portant).
The original movie titled Point Blank, though, came out in 1967. Starring Lee Marvin and Angie Dickinson. It was also a 90-minute thriller, this time involving stolen money and organized crime. Roger Ebert, for one, gave the movie a thumb’s up.
There was also another 90-minute Point Blank thriller in 1998. It starred Mickey Rourke, was about a prison break, and is unavailable for streaming. But you can watch the trailer:
- New Sci-Fi Med Drama - September 20, 2019
- Go ‘Inside Bill’s Brain’ - September 20, 2019
- ‘Downton’ and Danson - September 19, 2019
- Republic Rediscovered - September 18, 2019
- RIP Phyllis Newman - September 17, 2019
- ‘Taken Down’ is Up Now - September 16, 2019
- Take a ‘Parent Trip’ - September 13, 2019
- Amazon’s Come ‘Undone’ - September 12, 2019
- Vudu’s ‘Mr. Mom’ Sitcom - September 11, 2019
- Detective Out of Water - September 10, 2019