(Above: ‘Point Blank.’ Source: Netflix)
To save his kidnapped pregnant wife, an ER nurse teams up with a badly injured murder suspect against gangs and corrupt cops. That’s the gist of Point Blank, a 90-minute Netflix thriller debuting today.
Anthony Mackie (Netflix’s Altered Carbon), Frank Grillo (AT&T’s Kingdom), and Marcia Gay Harden (CBS’ Code Black) star in the film, which is a remake of a 2010 French film of the same title (À bout portant).
The original movie titled Point Blank, though, came out in 1967. Starring Lee Marvin and Angie Dickinson. It was also a 90-minute thriller, this time involving stolen money and organized crime. Roger Ebert, for one, gave the movie a thumb’s up.
There was also another 90-minute Point Blank thriller in 1998. It starred Mickey Rourke, was about a prison break, and is unavailable for streaming. But you can watch the trailer:
- She’s Molly of Denali - July 15, 2019
- ‘Brash Girls Club’ Trio - July 15, 2019
- Fox Brings Back Decades - July 12, 2019
- ‘Point Blank’ Binge - July 12, 2019
- Streaming Rip Torn - July 11, 2019
- Friends in High Places - July 10, 2019
- Verrry Interesting… - July 10, 2019
- Prime Taylor Swift - July 9, 2019
- Unicorn Killers - July 9, 2019
- PBS Goes to the Moon - July 8, 2019