(Above: ‘Point Blank.’ Source: Netflix)
To save his kidnapped pregnant wife, an ER nurse teams up with a badly injured murder suspect against gangs and corrupt cops. That’s the gist of Point Blank, a 90-minute Netflix thriller debuting today.
Anthony Mackie (Netflix’s Altered Carbon), Frank Grillo (AT&T’s Kingdom), and Marcia Gay Harden (CBS’ Code Black) star in the film, which is a remake of a 2010 French film of the same title (À bout portant).
The original movie titled Point Blank, though, came out in 1967. Starring Lee Marvin and Angie Dickinson. It was also a 90-minute thriller, this time involving stolen money and organized crime. Roger Ebert, for one, gave the movie a thumb’s up.
There was also another 90-minute Point Blank thriller in 1998. It starred Mickey Rourke, was about a prison break, and is unavailable for streaming. But you can watch the trailer:
- An Hour of Xmas Stand-Up - December 11, 2019
- Dalai Lama – Scientist - December 11, 2019
- My Best Friend’s Famous - December 10, 2019
- ‘Judy’ Goes on Sale - December 10, 2019
- RIP Star Trek Trio - December 9, 2019
- Hulu’s Noirish ‘Reprisal’ - December 4, 2019
- Bluprint ‘Runway’ Tie-In - December 4, 2019
- Tech Classics on YouTube - December 3, 2019
- A Kiwi Crime Thriller - December 3, 2019
- ‘One Day at Disney’ - December 2, 2019