(Above source: YouTube video)
I Got the Hook-Up 2, a sequel to the 1998 film, is now available to rent for $5.99 from Amazon.
Subscription streamer UMC (Urban Movie Channel) is also distributing the film in theaters and plans to release the movie on its own service this October.
The original featured Black (rapper Master P) and Blue (House Party’s Al Johnson) as small-time scam artists who sell electronics from their van. When they mistakenly receive a shipment of cell phones, they become the target of both the FBI and local crime bosses.
In the sequel, Black and Blue need some fast cash to reopen their restaurant. Blue’s son, Fatboy (Fatboy SSE) and his best friend Spyda (DC Young Fly) bring them stolen cell phones for Black to sell on the street. The phone boxes also contain drugs belonging to the Colombian cartel, which Spyda also proceeds to sell, forcing Black and Blue to find a way to pay back the cartel before it’s too late.
Directed by Corey Grant, the film is executive produced by Master P, aka Percy Miller, and his son, Romeo Miller.
- Fictional ‘Showcase’ on Hulu - December 11, 2019
- The System is Rigged - December 10, 2019
- ‘Diff’rent Strokes’ Binge - December 10, 2019
- ‘Runaways’ Final Escape - December 9, 2019
- ‘Marriage Story’ Woes - December 6, 2019
- ‘Joe Bob’s Red Christmas’ - December 6, 2019
- Hot Shows/Films on Prime - December 5, 2019
- ‘Mrs. Maisel’ On Tour - December 4, 2019
- ‘Truth Be Told’ on Friday - December 3, 2019
- Netflix’s ‘Astronomy Club’ - December 3, 2019