A third eight-episode season of Harlots, Hulu’s drama set in the world of brothels, debuts tomorrow, July 10. New episodes will then bow weekly on Wednesdays.
Harlots is set in 1763 London, where brothel owner Margaret Wells (Samantha Morton) is mother of two daughters, Charlotte (Jessica Brown Findlay) and Lucy (Eloise Smyth). This season the Wells face new competition from brothers Isaac (Game of Thrones’ Alfie Allen) and Hal Pincher (Ash Hunter). They run the Saracen’s Head, a tavern fronting for a pimping business. Meanwhile, Margaret has been sent to America in chains and rival madam Lydia Quigley (Lesley Manville) is institutionalized.
The cast also includes Liv Tyler as Lady Fitz.
Harlots is entirely written, directed and produced by women.
Alison Newman and Moira Buffini created the series, based on The Covent Garden Ladies by Hallie Rubenhold.
The series, a British-American production, debuted in 2017 on ITV Encore in the UK and Hulu in the US.
- BET+ Streamer Launches - September 20, 2019
- More ‘Disenchantment’ - September 19, 2019
- ‘Couch Tomatoes’ - September 19, 2019
- NBC’s Peacock Preview - September 18, 2019
- Spy’s Work-Life Balance - September 17, 2019
- Dropout’s ‘Game Changer’ - September 17, 2019
- ‘Two Ferns’ Movie - September 16, 2019
- Burns’ ‘Country Music’ - September 13, 2019
- This Weekend on Netflix - September 12, 2019
- Coming to Apple TV+ - September 11, 2019