(Above: ‘Escape the Night’ host Joey Graceffa. Source: YouTube video)
Escape the Night, the murder mystery reality TV competition starring its creator Joey Graceffa, will premiere a 10-episode fourth season Thursday, July 11, on YouTube Premium.
Graceffa, known as The Savant, invites guests to an estate where they must act and dress as personas from a previous era. As guests, the participants are cut off from the outside world, challenged to survive the night and escape the estate. This involves teaming up for challenges and vying with each other to solve era-specific escape-room puzzles. At the end of each episode, two guests vie against each other, with the loser offed by a fictional death. Ultimately, at least one guest wins, able to return to the modern world.
Season one was set in the 1920s, season two in Victorian times and season three in 1978. Season four, which invites back “All-Star” guests from previous seasons, takes a different path. Graceffa will enter past eras to rescue his friends from the Collector, whose “Museum of the Dead” comes to life. Guest will include such social media celebrities as Colleen Ballinger, Bretman Rock, Alex Wassabi, Justine Ezarik, DeStorm Power, Timothy DeLaGhetto, Gabbie Hanna, Tana Mongeau and Rosanna Pansino.
Graceffa’s YouTube channel has more than nine million subscribers.
YouTube Premium costs $11.99 a month with a one-month free trial. Student ($6.99/month) and family ($17.99/month for five family members) plans are also available.
- Black and Blue are Back - July 12, 2019
- Frankenstein Mockumentary - July 11, 2019
- Netflix Most Engaging - July 11, 2019
- Classic ‘Office’ Smells - July 10, 2019
- ‘Escape the Night’ 4 - July 9, 2019
- More ‘Harlots’ on Hulu - July 9, 2019
- Three Buddies and a Body - July 8, 2019
- For Love and Money - July 5, 2019
- Binge July 4th Movies - July 4, 2019
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2019