(Above: ‘Love Island’ host Arielle Vandenberg. Source: CBS)
The American version of Love Island, a British romance and relationship reality series, hits US shores Tuesday, July 9, with a 90-minute premiere on CBS.
Airing weeknights at 8 pm ET through Wednesday August 7, the normally one-hour show brings together single “Islanders” in a villa in Fiji. Every few days, the participants must “couple-up.” Those who fail in this quest risk being kicked off the island. In addition to wooing partners, Islanders must also seduce viewers who ultimately vote on the one winning couple. Both romance and money are at stake.
Comedian and actress Arielle Vandenberg serves as host.
You can meet the cast at cbs.com.
The series is produced by ITV Entertainment.
Meanwhile, here’s a recent post-game analysis of what’s happening on the current UK season:
- Black and Blue are Back - July 12, 2019
- Frankenstein Mockumentary - July 11, 2019
- Netflix Most Engaging - July 11, 2019
- Classic ‘Office’ Smells - July 10, 2019
- ‘Escape the Night’ 4 - July 9, 2019
- More ‘Harlots’ on Hulu - July 9, 2019
- Three Buddies and a Body - July 8, 2019
- For Love and Money - July 5, 2019
- Binge July 4th Movies - July 4, 2019
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2019