(Above source: YouTube video)
Full House’s John Stamos will return as host of the 39th A Capitol Fourth, PBS’ Independence Day celebration featuring musical performances, members of the armed forces, and fireworks.
A Capitol Fourth will air from 8 to 9:30 pm ET on PBS stations (but check your local listings), and stream simultaneously on YouTube, Facebook and pbs.org/a-capitol-fourth. The program will then be available online until July 18.
(Note to readers: ‘A Capitol Fourth’ is not associated with President Donald Trump’s planned celebration on the National Mall.)
The PBS program will feature:
- Singer-songwriter Carole King with Beautiful’s Vanessa Carlton
- Electronic violinist Lindsey Stirling
- The Greatest Showman’s Keala Settle
- Singer and actress Vanessa Williams
- Country music singer Lee Brice
- Singer-songwriter Colbie Caillat and her new band Gone West
- Gospel singer Yolanda Adams
- 2019 American Idol winner Laine Hardy and America’s Got Talent’s Angelica Hale
- The Voice winner Maelyn Jarmon performing the National Anthem
- The National Symphony Orchestra with conductor Jack Everly
- Big Bird and other Muppets celebrating Sesame Street’s 50th anniversary
The MusiCorps Wounded Warrior Band and John Stamos will pay tribute to the men and women serving in uniform. Formed in 2007, MusiCorps is a conservatory-level music rehabilitation program created to serve the needs of soldiers injured in Iraq and Afghanistan.
For more information on A Capitol Fourth, visit PBS.
- Videos for Generation Alpha - August 4, 2020
- Bloody Disgusting Streamer - August 3, 2020
- The Muppets Do Improv - July 31, 2020
- Decades ‘Odd Couple’ Binge - July 30, 2020
- Cubers’ Winning Friendship - July 29, 2020
- Jeffrey Epstein Story - July 28, 2020
- Brit Week on Hulu - July 27, 2020
- RIP, Olivia de Havilland - July 26, 2020
- This Web Series is ‘NC-16’ - July 24, 2020
- A Horrific Inheritance - July 23, 2020