(Above source: YouTube video)
This Sunday, June 30, Comet TV will show 14 episodes of the classic British marionette sci-fi drama, Thunderbirds.
The marathon kicks off at 10 am ET/PT with the series’ first episode, “Trapped in the Sky,” in which criminal mastermind The Hood places a bomb onboard the Fireflash, a hypersonic airliner. Can the Thunderbirds team land it safely?
Other episodes will include “Terror in New York City,” “Desperate Intruder” and “The Mighty Atom.”
Thunderbirds (1965-1966), produced by Britain’s ITC, originally aired 32 episodes. The premise: It’s 2065, and the Thunderbirds – consisting of Jeff Tracy and his sons Scott, John, Virgil and Gordon – travel the globe in high-tech (toy) vehicles rescuing the innocent.
Thunderbirds is the creation of Gerry Anderson’s Supermarionation, and has resonated in popular culture since it first aired 54 years ago. Perhaps no better example of that is Team America: World Police (2004), the R-Rated marionette comedy from Trey Parker and Matt Stone. After catching the Thunderbirds marathon, you can rent Team America: World Police starting at $2.99 from Google Play and numerous online sources.
To check for the air time of the Thunderbirds marathon in your area, visit CometTV.com/schedule.
To see if you’re in one of the 100+ markets that can access Comet over the air, via antenna, go to comettv.com and enter your zip code.
Other Streaming Options
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021