(Above: Kristen Bell as Veronica Mars)
One month from today, on July 26, Hulu will premiere the fourth season of Veronica Mars – 12 years after the series last aired. That’s a long gap, so starting this coming Monday, July 1, Hulu subscribers can catch up by binging all 64 original episodes.
Back in the day, Mars (Kristen Bell) was a teenage detective solving crimes in fictional Neptune, Calif. In Hulu’s new eight-episode season, dropping in its entirety on July 26, Mars returns to Neptune, where a serial killer is on the loose murdering kids on spring break.
The original Veronica Mars premiered in 2004 on the now-defunct UPN network, and moved to The CW for its third season.
While Hulu will now house all four seasons of Veronica Mars, it’s missing an important part of the Veronica Mars oeuvre: the 2014 feature film which first revived the series through a breakthrough Kickstarter campaign. That movie can be seen now by HBO subscribers. (To get HBO as a standalone streaming service, visit HBO Now.) It’s also available for $1.99 from YouTube or Google Play.
There was also a short-lived 2014 spinoff series, Play It Again, Dick, starring Veronica Mars regular Ryan Hansen. It ran for eight episodes on CW Seed and can now be purchased for 99 cents per episode (or the entire season from $4.99) at YouTube or Google Play.
- New Sci-Fi Med Drama - September 20, 2019
- Go ‘Inside Bill’s Brain’ - September 20, 2019
- ‘Downton’ and Danson - September 19, 2019
- Republic Rediscovered - September 18, 2019
- RIP Phyllis Newman - September 17, 2019
- ‘Taken Down’ is Up Now - September 16, 2019
- Take a ‘Parent Trip’ - September 13, 2019
- Amazon’s Come ‘Undone’ - September 12, 2019
- Vudu’s ‘Mr. Mom’ Sitcom - September 11, 2019
- Detective Out of Water - September 10, 2019