(Above: Tyler Perry. Source: Wikimedia Commons)
Viacom’s BET Networks and Tyler Perry Studios will launch BET+, a subscription streaming service tailored for an African American audience, this fall. Pricing was not announced.
The streamer will be home to more than 1,000 hours of content, consisting of TV programs, movies, and specials. Series will include BET+’s First Wives Clubs, a 10-episode drama from Girls Trip screenwriter Tracy Oliver. The show, a remake of the 1996 comedy starring Goldie Hawn, Bette Midler and Diane Keaton, will star Why Did I Get Married’s Jill Scott, Empire’s Ryan Michelle Bathe and Isn’t It Romantic’s Michelle Buteau.
The BET+ library will also feature content from BET Networks and Viacom, including Real Husbands of Hollywood, The New Edition Story, The Quad, College Hill, Comic View and Hell Date. The streamer will also be “the official home” of Tyler Perry’s collected movies and shows.
BET+ will be available on Android, iOS and other devices.
For more information, visit BET+.
BET’s linear channel, which offers hundreds of titles by African-American filmmakers, recently launched on Pluto TV, a free streaming service.
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021