(Above: Tyler Perry. Source: Wikimedia Commons)
Viacom’s BET Networks and Tyler Perry Studios will launch BET+, a subscription streaming service tailored for an African American audience, this fall. Pricing was not announced.
The streamer will be home to more than 1,000 hours of content, consisting of TV programs, movies, and specials. Series will include BET+’s First Wives Clubs, a 10-episode drama from Girls Trip screenwriter Tracy Oliver. The show, a remake of the 1996 comedy starring Goldie Hawn, Bette Midler and Diane Keaton, will star Why Did I Get Married’s Jill Scott, Empire’s Ryan Michelle Bathe and Isn’t It Romantic’s Michelle Buteau.
The BET+ library will also feature content from BET Networks and Viacom, including Real Husbands of Hollywood, The New Edition Story, The Quad, College Hill, Comic View and Hell Date. The streamer will also be “the official home” of Tyler Perry’s collected movies and shows.
BET+ will be available on Android, iOS and other devices.
For more information, visit BET+.
BET’s linear channel, which offers hundreds of titles by African-American filmmakers, recently launched on Pluto TV, a free streaming service.
- BET+ Streamer Launches - September 20, 2019
- More ‘Disenchantment’ - September 19, 2019
- ‘Couch Tomatoes’ - September 19, 2019
- NBC’s Peacock Preview - September 18, 2019
- Spy’s Work-Life Balance - September 17, 2019
- Dropout’s ‘Game Changer’ - September 17, 2019
- ‘Two Ferns’ Movie - September 16, 2019
- Burns’ ‘Country Music’ - September 13, 2019
- This Weekend on Netflix - September 12, 2019
- Coming to Apple TV+ - September 11, 2019