(Above: Shaggy, Scooby-Doo and Ricky Gervais. Source: YouTube video)
The subscription cartoon streamer Boomerang will debut Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? on Thursday, June 27, with new episodes dropping weekly through Thursday, September 19.
Fred (Frank Welker), Daphne (Grey Griffin), Velma (Kate Micucci), Shaggy (Matthew Lillard) and Scooby-Doo (Welker) solve a new mystery each episode with celebrity help.
Guests include Wanda Sykes, Ricky Gervais, Weird Al Yankovic, Kenan Thompson, Jaleel White, Penn & Teller and Jim Gaffigan. Batman, Wonder Woman, Sherlock Holmes and Abraham Lincoln all make appearances.
The service, which costs $4.99 per month, $39.99 annually, is a partnership between sister companies Turner and Warner Bros. Boomerang offers an extensive catalog of Hanna-Barbera, Looney Tunes and MGM animation. Its library features more than 4,000 titles, including Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Popeye and The Flintstones.
Of course, Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? won’t be the first time those meddling kids pursued mysteries with celebrity assistance. The New Scooby-Doo Movies (1972-73) consisted of two dozen 45-minute episodes featuring such guest stars as Don Knotts, Sonny and Cher, Jonathan Winters, Laurel and Hardy, The Three Stooges, Phyllis Diller and The Harlem Globetrotters. (Welker also voiced Fred in this series, though Don Messick played the ravenous pooch.) Many episodes are available free on dailymotion. You can also rent individual episodes from Amazon, YouTube and Google Play starting at $1.99, but for some reason, one episode, “Wednesday is Missing,” is, well, missing. But no worries: You can watch it below:
- BET+ Streamer Launches - September 20, 2019
- More ‘Disenchantment’ - September 19, 2019
- ‘Couch Tomatoes’ - September 19, 2019
- NBC’s Peacock Preview - September 18, 2019
- Spy’s Work-Life Balance - September 17, 2019
- Dropout’s ‘Game Changer’ - September 17, 2019
- ‘Two Ferns’ Movie - September 16, 2019
- Burns’ ‘Country Music’ - September 13, 2019
- This Weekend on Netflix - September 12, 2019
- Coming to Apple TV+ - September 11, 2019