(Above: Oliver Masucci in ‘Dark.’ Source: IMDb)
Today, June 21, marks the return of one series – Dark – and the debut of another – Mr. Iglesias – on Netflix.
Dark, a supernatural mystery about the disappearance of children in the small German town of Winden, has unveiled an eight-episode second season.The show involves four families (Kahnwalds, Nielsens, Dopplers and Tiedemanns) spanning three generations, and time travel between the years 1953, 1986 and 2019.
Louis Hofmann stars as Jonas Kahnwald, a teenager coming to terms with his father’s (Sebastian Rudolph) suicide. Ulrich Nielsen (Oliver Masucci) is a police officer whose brother disappeared 33 years earlier. Stephan Kampwirth plays Jonas’ psychologist, Paul Lux plays Jonas’ friend, Bartosz, and Karoline Eichhorn is the town’s police chief.
In season two, Jonas is trapped in the future and desperately tries to return to 2020. Meanwhile, his friends (played by Lisa Vicari, Moritz Jahn and Gina Stiebitz) investigate Bartosz’ involvement in Winden’s strange happenings.
Dark is in German, with English subtitles.
For something lighter, yet more down-to-earth, there’s stand-up Gabriel “Fluffy” Iglesias as Mr. Iglesias, a 10-episode sitcom about a public high school teacher who works at his alma mater.
Mr. Iglesias teaches “gifted but misfit kids,” running interference with the assistant principal (Oscar Nuñez) so that his students can unlock their full potential.
The cast includes Sherri Shepherd, Jacob Vargas, Maggie Geha, Richard Gant, Cree Cicchino, and Fabrizio Guidor.
Kevin Hench created the series, with Iglesias serving as an executive producer.
- BET+ Streamer Launches - September 20, 2019
- More ‘Disenchantment’ - September 19, 2019
- ‘Couch Tomatoes’ - September 19, 2019
- NBC’s Peacock Preview - September 18, 2019
- Spy’s Work-Life Balance - September 17, 2019
- Dropout’s ‘Game Changer’ - September 17, 2019
- ‘Two Ferns’ Movie - September 16, 2019
- Burns’ ‘Country Music’ - September 13, 2019
- This Weekend on Netflix - September 12, 2019
- Coming to Apple TV+ - September 11, 2019