(Above: ‘The Kill Team.’ Source: YouTube video)
Ovid.tv, a subscription streamer offering arthouse, documentary and social issues films, will add four gritty documentaries from Oscilloscope this Friday, June 21.
After Tiller (2013). With the murder of Dr. George Tiller in Kansas in 2009, a limited number of doctors are left in the country who provide third-trimester abortions. The film follows the stories of Dr. Tiller’s colleagues who are fighting to make sure the service remains available. Directed by Martha Shane and Lana Wilson.
The Kill Team (2013). Specialist Adam Winfield, a 21-year-old infantryman in Afghanistan, tried to alert the military to heinous war crimes his platoon was committing. Fellow soldiers then threatened to kill him, forcing Winfield to choose between his conscience and his own survival. Directed by Dan Krauss.
What Our Fathers Did: A Nazi Legacy (2015). Human-rights lawyer Philippe Sands accompanies the sons of two Nazi war criminals as they travel through Europe to confront their fathers’ past. Directed by David Evans.
If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front (2011). The film shows the rise and fall of a cell in the environmental group, Earth Liberation Front, documenting the transformation and radicalization of one of its members, Daniel McGowan. Directed by Marshall Curry.
The service costs $6.99 per month, or $69.99 annually, with a seven-day free trial.
Other Streaming Options
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021