(Above: Martha Stewart. Photo by David Shankbone)
Come September, CBS will dabble in 24/7 over-the-air lifestyle programming, following in the footsteps of PBS, ABC and ION.
CBS’ lifestyle channel, called DABL, is set to launch September 9. It will feature previously aired shows from such personalities as Martha Stewart and chef Emeril Lagasse.
DABL’s distribution will include the digital subchannels of the 20 or so TV stations owned by CBS. So, if you’re now getting CBS’ Start TV with an antenna hooked up to your TV set, rescan your signals come September 9 and you’ll likely find DABL right alongside it.
Martha Stewart’s library includes such syndicated series as Martha Stewart Living and The Martha Stewart Show. Emeril Lagasse’s library includes such Food Network series as Emeril Live and Essence of Emeril.
DABL will arrive 10 years after ABC’s launch of Live Well, which featured original shows until going all-repeat in 2015. The channel still airs on the digital subchannel feeds of ABC’s eight owned stations, but nowhere else. To see if Live Well is available in your area, visit its “Where to Watch” page.
Until earlier this year, the aptly named Ion Life, launched in 2007, also ran lifestyle programming. It now carries day-long marathons of such drama series as Saving Hope, Rookie Blue, The Listener and White Collar.
- She’s Molly of Denali - July 15, 2019
- ‘Brash Girls Club’ Trio - July 15, 2019
- Fox Brings Back Decades - July 12, 2019
- ‘Point Blank’ Binge - July 12, 2019
- Streaming Rip Torn - July 11, 2019
- Friends in High Places - July 10, 2019
- Verrry Interesting… - July 10, 2019
- Prime Taylor Swift - July 9, 2019
- Unicorn Killers - July 9, 2019
- PBS Goes to the Moon - July 8, 2019